“HIDDEN PARADISE IN TUSCANY AREA OF ITALY”

Country Inn Casa Mazzoni
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Roccastrada
Dallas, Texas
“HIDDEN PARADISE IN TUSCANY AREA OF ITALY”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

From our arrival, the owner and manager of Tuscany Rural, Angelo and his staff were very gracious and accommodating. Their professionalism and courtesy continued throughout our 6 night stay. Tuscany Rural is a very relaxed and very comfortable get a way located high in the hills with many villages nearby. The country side is covered with grapes for the many varieties of wines produced there and also covered with olive trees for the flourishing olive oil industry. I, nor my sister have never experienced such total relaxation and natural beauty in all of our lives. Last year we toured Italy for 13 days from top to bottom visiting all the major cities, but we liked Tuscany Rural the best. I will definitely be back. Kudos to Angelo, Esther and Anna for their excellent customer service and delicious 4 course evening dinners! Gratzie! Will Fairchild

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Casa Mazzoni is a beautiful place and Angelo does a great job...but when he took my credit card as a deposit over the phone, I assumed I could pay my bill with it. You only find out that he does not take credit cards after you have stayed there. It was not right. I had to pay him with the little cash I had left for my trip and it was a huge problem for me. I have no idea why he would take my credit card as a deposit over the phone and then tell me " oh yea..I have been meaning to tell you something......no credit cards". Just was not right. All he could say to me was to go to a cash machine. My Italian friends said that some people do this so they do not have to declare the income.
He has a beautiful place but was not on the level with me and needs to tell people up front that he does not take credit cards.

Room Tip: I have no idea. I had the worst room there.
Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
charmeur, Direttore at Country Inn Casa Mazzoni, responded to this review, 30 April 2011
Dear Scott, thank you very much for the nice words you spend for our Hotel. I apreciate it very much
About the credit card problem, is not true that the only thinks i say it to you was " go to e bank maschine"

I also told you , there are other posibility to pay, i offer to you to realize the payment via internet " Bank account" and you have refuse it, as second choice i also offer to you , make a wire transfer when you arrive at home via wire transfer this just , i think that doi ng this i give you all my trust or not?

Anyway , thank you very much for your visit and hope to see you again in our Inn

Esther and Angelo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Tuscany proved to be the best choice for a incredible march vacation, the landscape marvellous, sunny weather and nice people. We spent 8 nights at Casa Mazzoni we Were impressed by how hospitable and friendly Angelo and Staff were. We warmly offer this pension to everybody enjoying nature and silence, but is also eager to visit historical places. The place is located in the middle of Tuscany, were able to travel the nearest area by scooter. Close to Firenze or the seaside, the location is just perfect. Our room was furnished in a lovely way with a wonderful viewing the Tuscany mild hills. This was one of our best vacation, will definitely get back there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We are an adventurous trio that opted to see Tuscany by car versus many tourists who zoom along in buses held captive to schedules and trying to do Tuscany in a day! Road trips withing Tuscany is a great deal of fun and discoveries and having Casa Mazzoni in Roccasatrada, for our home base for one week was perfect.
We contacted Angelo in May for reservations in October and from that moment we felt a sense of comfort and friendship. Casa Mazzoni is a charming rustic Bed and Breakfast Inn. It's location is tucked away in the beautiful mountains of Tuscany, but still very accessible within 1 or 2 hour drive to Siena, San Gimignano, Florence, Grosetto and the Ligurian Sea coast. Returning to the Casa for the evening meal felt relaxing and welcoming. The dining room came to life with a number of guests from different nationalities which made the evening very interesting and fun. Not only are you experiencing wonderful tuscany local meals, but you are also experiencing a diversity of people and other wonderful travelling stories.
The Inn itself is totally "tuscan rural" and very clean and comfortable. Angelo, Ester and his staff are very hospitable and will assist you with any travelling tips you might have. We particularly enjoyed breakfast, one of the best in all of our Italy travels. Rosetta the morning staff is the most wonderful little italian lady that will love you, feed you and always greet you with the warmest "bongiorno" you will ever encounter.
Would I recommend Casa Mazzoni...? If you are looking for a quiet and comfortable Inn with a manageable driving distance to just about anywhere in Tuscany and also serving the most tasty Tuscany cuisine..... then YES, I would strongly recommend it.
Ciao Bella, hope to return again some day!!!
Diane

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We spent a week at the casa mazzoni in september, and it became an wonderful experience! The hospitalily of Angelo and Ester made us feel like family members, and the food was exelent, the service level was very high, and the location of the hotel is as near to paradise as you can get. We went for walks in the surrounding forest, and made wonderful trips with Angelo to the beautyful cities of tuscany. We also went swimming in the sea. Everything is near, and we recomend this holiday to everyone we know. We are going back nest year!
From family mortensen, Norway

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Casa Mazzoni is in a rural spot with beautiful views of the hills and plains leading to the sea (which is 20 km as the crow flies) and which you can see from the terrace. This charming hotel is rustic and simple but very pretty and with a warm welcome. The relaxed atmosphere is great for families. The food is quite magnificent and was an unexpected treat. The traditional Tuscan cuisine includes meats which we Brits are not used to but the quality of the meat and the cooking is very high - even the children sampled it all! Mealtimes are great fun because you get to join all the other guests of different nationalities and experiment with your language skills (we have none!) Angelo speaks six languages and is a great help in sorting out day trips. We spent a week there and loved it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This Lovely Inn lives up to its perfect billing.

Get hist recommendations, drink the blood orange juice for breakfast, and explore the fantastic area of Maremma

The place is spotless, well located in the heart of maremma
We intended to take the car into Florence and Guido ensured to give us exact and detailed directions on where to park and what to do to save a lot of money. I could not believe his accurate information and assistance.

Breakfast is the best I have ever had in Italy ( bitto chees, castel magno, bresaola, lovely ricotta of bufala, and my god, great cakes al homemade) Angelo drives to Pthe village every day to pick up fresh a delicius black bread " , then he serves it at breakfast, which by the way, he prepares every day at a personalized level, without ever getting stressed or rushed...the place and the staff are simply amazing!!!

There is no one single little negative thing I can say about Casa Mazzoni and his gracious host. I strongly recommend that if you visit Tuscany, make of Casa Mazzoni the place to stay and move from there every day. It is conveniently located within less than an hour from Florence, Siena, Pisa and only minutes from Roccatederighi, or montemassi

We loved this hotel!! clean, safe, comfortable, provide great amenities like biking, and balooning, and internet access. The people at the front desk were very helpful and spoke well english

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roccastrada
La Melosa Resort
#1 of 12 in Monteriggioni
L'Andana
L'Andana
#3 of 23 in Castiglione Della Pescaia

Been to Country Inn Casa Mazzoni? Share your experiences!