“An excellent food”
Review of La Tenda Rossa

La Tenda Rossa
Reserve with
La Tenda Rossa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$50 - US$128
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ribeirao Preto, SP
“An excellent food”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

It is a two star michelin restaurant, in fact with good food, good selection of wine and excellent service, with a lot of waiters. It is really a good experience, although quite expensive, around 120 euros per person with a bottle of Castelo di Broglio wine for two. Unfortunately, some people from our group had sickness in the day after, related to the dinner. One of the plates was a natural funghi porcini, and maybe they had a bad reaction with it. It is a pity, because the overall impression was not so good.

Visited June 2012

Pisa
“A taste of Ratatouille (the cartoon)”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

There are a few scenes in the cartoon that try to convey the feel of wonder, creation, magic as a kid may experience it.

That's what happened to me at the La Tenda Rossa, especially when I tried their tortelli di zucca gialla al sentore di affumicato con cubo di gambero, ricotta e favette.

Expensive? Yes.
Formal? Yes.
A real 1 star restaurant? Yes, and this doesn't apply to all 1-star restaurants.

WIll I visit them again? Mais oui!

• Visited April 2012
Florence, Italy
“Too fancy for me”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I don't want to unfairly review a place after only one meal - but I honestly have to say that knowing the prices now I could not see myself returning here by choice any time soon. I know you don't eat at "expensive" restaurants looking for value - but - the food better deliver. Outside of the overly decorated, ornate (and frankly corny) dining room, and the over the top presentation and service - the food, while some of it solid - just did not deliver. I would prefer to wowed by the meal and sitting on the floor, then be left wanting by the food in the lap of luxury if you know what I mean. Again - maybe this a dream place to some, but it was a miss to me overall.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank InFlorence
Istanbul, Turkey
“Try the Mela!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We had a very nice dinner at this 1 star establishment.

I had the seasonal 'truffle show' menu accompanied with glasses of wines recommended by our waiter. My starter (the mela - i.e. foie gras stuffed into warm apple, with shavings of white truffle) and pasta (with porcini mushrooms and white truffle again) were both excellent. I knew the main course (a single poached chicken egg with mushrooms sauces and white truffle) was a bit risky and it did not surprise me really, I wish it would be more satisfying.

The prices were somewhat higher than mentioned in the Michelin guide but worth the quality.

• Visited November 2011
New York City, New York
“Both food and service are diabolically bad”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Historically the family operated a pizza parlor on the premises. Our visit left us with the impression that they had not progressed much from that point. It has all of superficial trappings of Michelin 2star but the service and food betray their roots. Pretenders. I have no hesitation to pay for quality but this is a real gouge.

• Visited November 2010