“The Jewel of Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cinque di Vino

Cinque di Vino
Reserve with
Cinque di Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$56
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our day off is monday and only at lunch on Tuesday.
Vancouver, Canada
“The Jewel of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Sitting in the warmth of this charming restaurant will be our lasting memory of Tuscany. Marco, Silvia and their staff made us feel like honoured guests and happily adapted their incredible menu to our dietary restrictions. The food was so delicious, we returned four times during our short stay. Cinque di Vino is quite simply "bellissimo"!

Visited May 2014
marcobaldi, Proprietario at Cinque di Vino, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Woh!!! Thanks for yr beautiful words spent for us.-
..again ..many many thanks!!
Marco and Silvia and Monica!!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
“The most authentic meal during our travels in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We had probably the best meal whilst traveling for 11 days across Tuscany. The steak florentino was cooked to perfection and did not disappoint. The atmosphere was gorgeous and the staff very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable in local wine selections. Definitely a must when in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ehi Rachael, It's fantastic to read your review...many many thanks for it. A big kiss to you and yr beautiful boy friend (Silvia..consideration!!)
Ehi be prepare to see us again in Australia to see how we can open a Cinque di Vino's Australia!!
Marco and Silvia
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Quite simply a wonderful experience with wonderful food !! Myself and my girlfriend ate there last Sat and Sun evenings and on both nights we were given beautiful food and wine. Big thanks to Marco and his team and can't wait to return one day.

Visited June 2014
marcobaldi, Proprietario at Cinque di Vino, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
A big and and Exceptional thanks!
Marco and Silvia
Prato,Italy
“Too few Italians”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Not bad, for a touristic place. You can tell how foreigner-aimed it is from the bilingual staff and menu.
A mouthwatering smell of grilled meat filled our table,next to the fireplace.
But as my usual, I don ' t know how good it was; I had a beef tartare instead ; served plain and seasoned with vinegar pearls on top- not so innovative anymore- and some separate sauces.
You can drink very good bottles of wine and some wines - Supertuscan among them- are available by the glass or in whatever size you like.
That can give the place a good mark.
Not exactly a kids friendly place ; it may give the place a slightly worse mark if you do have kids.
We were offered a highchair but not a junior menu.
Good price for a meat dinner. Don't forget to call for your reservation even on weekdays , it cannot hold many guests.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank truzzina
marcobaldi, Proprietario at Cinque di Vino, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Many thanks for yr review. We respect yr opinion but in the same time we are not agree in the following point:
Sincerely we don’t understand ..and we don’t want understand.. yr definition Few Italian.. touristic place… we are in a touristic location like Florence and that it’s obvious that we work during the high season with foreign people and consider that the major part of foreign people book the table in advance.. in fact it happen like you that you didn’t book. For further info if we take all the year our average is 70% Italian and 30% foreign people ..naturally in the summer period the % is different ..in august for exampke is 50% 50%....-
Kid’s menu – we have a lot of dishes for the kids. antipasti first course and main course...we don’t have the menu printed but any time that kids coming we will present all the dishes to the parents . Then for the position of table ..we are sorry that you have forgotten what we have done to find a solution for you that evening 3 people (2+1kids) without re servation..infact we propsed you a solution moving other two table and you accepted ...thanking us ...!!??
Marco
ankara
“What a rude owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this restaurant from trip advisor since it was on our way between Bologna and Pianella.Because of so many delays while renting our car although the reservation at 1 p.m. We could reach the restaurant at 2.30.Marco tried to reach me by a voice message and I gave a quick reply that because of the delay we would reach there at 2.30 p.m.I had also got two phone calls from him but could not reply because of the problem of international calls.Finally we arrived there with a group of 12 being very tired,Marco did not accept us because of the delay.He was so rude and extremely nervous while explaining the reason that we very much delayed.I tried to explain this was not our fault but he insisted on not to accept for our excuse.We were so tired and hungry,but he even did not let me to talk to him.This was unacceptable and very humiliating.I had read the previous reviews about this restaurant but I think it is better to review it under extraordinary circumstances.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank doctorankara
marcobaldi, Proprietario at Cinque di Vino, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Sir unfortunately what you have written is not correct, the facts are totally different, I've tried to phone you several time starting an half hour of yr delay but you have not replied to me, i leave several messages without to receive any answer...
I wait further half hour asking my people to wait but after 1 hour an 20 minutes of delay without receving any answer I decide to close the grill (it is with fire and to clean the kitchen)...pls consider that to re-start we need at least one hour...how can we do it....considering also that at dinner we are open and the time between lunch and dinner are very very tight!
I tried to esplain that it was not possible to re-start you several time but without results ..
In aniway from my point of view..You have been worst than rude beacuse you did'nt answer to my several request and phone call... that means not respect for our person and for our job.
Marco