“One of the best meals in Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Nello

Ristorante Nello
Price range: US$27 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“One of the best meals in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My fiancé and I loved this restaurant! We looked a trip advisor prior to choosing this restaurant and all the reviews were right. We had this delicious cheese flan with caramelized onions for an appetizer and I'm still thinking about it. My fiancé had the gnocchi, which was really amazing. Out of curiosity, I ordered fried chicken, which I regretted once I tried the gnocchi. We also had a great white wine. Overall, a fantastic meal.

Visited April 2014

Monterey, California
“Great Dinner Recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were given a recommendation to have dinner here by our hotel. The meal was excellent overall. The wine list was organized by distance from the restaurant. We had the special, wild board.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vicenza, Italy
“Dinner and staff are fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I, along with our 6 month old, enjoyed a wonderful evening meal at Nello. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. We had gnocchi as our primi, and it was some of the best we've ever had in our two years living in Italy. We shared a very large fillet as a secondo, and it was pretty tasty as well.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our hotel, Villa Il Poggiale, reccomended that we enjoy dinner at Nello. We went but were skeptic since you never know about restaurant reviews from your hotel. We arrived at Nello and found our restaurant receptionist on a date and the owner of the hotel enjoying dinner with his family. Immediately, we knew we were in for a treat. And, we were!!! The food was amazing! I had the gnocchi and my husband had the steak florentine plus he had a salad and I had the veggie tart. The food was absolutely amazing! We ate there the following two nights as well, and purchased a bottle of their balsamic vinegar because it was so delicious. We both still have dreams about their food and when we go back to Italy, we will definitely be going there!!!

Visited November 2013
Florence, Italy
“Nello never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We live just outside of San Casciano and have our pick of excellent restaurants in the area. We keep coming back to Nello because it never disappoints - amazingly fresh ingredients, great wine recs, wonderful staff, warm ambience... We love it! On our last visit I had the artichoke carpaccio followed by the pumpkin gnocchi with cheese and pistachios. Delicious!

• Visited January 2014