“Gave away my room and tried to charge more for suite”

Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I emailed regarding booking a room but they would delay 2 or 3 days in response. Once I agreed on a room which I needed WIFI during the stay and asked to book it. They did not respond for three days then they said my type of room was not available and suggested I move up to a suite for more money. I checked online and the superior room I requested in the first place was still available but Monica from the hotel said there were no more superior rooms and demanded that I can only book a junior suite or suite. I have not even booked a room yet and they are already trying to charge me more, I would really be careful if I booked here, if they would change your room or try to charge extra. There are other reviews here that say that Monica was rude and service was bad so its so true.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sadie3232
camillaFirenze, Direttore at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Sirs,

I’m very hurt that your words reached us , during our closing months, before you have met us and know the villa and ourselves.
Your comment has injured me deeply as I have thought to be doing all that is possible to offer the best solution for your requirements as per my answer here below :

“I don’t want upset you, I just would like to offer you a better and more comfortable bedroom for three persons.
However we can still offer a Double Superior at Euro 190,00 plus Euro 30,00 for the child”

I’m not in the habit of being dishonest. The only difference in price which my colleague omitted to inform you is the cost for your child.

I hope that you understand from our position and decide to stay with us
Sincerely yours,

Villa Il Poggiale

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I can not say enough good things about this beautiful hotel! My husband and I came to Italy for our honeymoon. We booked a hotel in Chianti via booking.com and though it had amazing reviews, when we arrived the hotel was awful. This left my husband and I in need of finding a hotel to stay for our 5 days in Tuscany at the last minute. We found this hotel on Trip Advisor and drove out to see it after calling the receptionist to make sure they had rooms available. The receptionist, Daniel, stayed late to greet us and after we decided to book a room he lent us his personal GPS to drive back to our old hotel and pick up our suitcases. When we got to Villa Il Poggiale, he had left a bottle of wine and food in our room as a way to welcome us. Our stay just got better from there. The hotel is beautiful in the exact way you want a Tuscany hotel to be with old world rooms with modern comforts. You feel like you're staying in a villa; it is truly amazing. The town of San Casciano that the hotel is located in is close to Florence, Siena and many other hillside towns. My husband and I are so very grateful that we ended up here because of everywhere we stayed in Italy (and were there for 3 weeks), this ended up being our very favorite location. We will DEFINITELY be coming back!!! Also, if you visit, buy a can of their olive oil. They make it there and it's amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jamie M
camillaFirenze, Manager at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Sirs,

We really appreciated your message and we thank you for your words.
All the warmest wishes from all of us.

Villa il Poggiale Team

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Feeling of being in a Tuscan home, albeit a grand one, combined with great service. Made to fell like part of the family. Each room has unique design. Great location, gorgeous views, wonderful staff.

We had our wedding with 40 guests and everyone is still talking about the "fairy tale" experience at Poggiale

We will make sure every visit to Tuscany includes a stop at Villa il Poggiale.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. We hope to try them all...........
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
camillaFirenze, Direttore at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Friends

I hope you have all settled down into your daily routines after such a wonderful wedding party.
We all enjoyed your wedding, for us it was just as like being one of your guests.
It was a pleasure helping you to fulfill your wishes…
You came to us as strangers and you left as friends.
Thank you to everyone and may you continue on your journey sharing this happiness

Reviewed 24 November 2013

A one night stay here was not enough - an amazing Renaissance Villa, set in beautiful gardens which we would have liked to have had time to explore, stunning rooms, great breakfast and the buffet dinner we had on our late arrival at 8pm was more than we expected. Anna was a delight - loved her accent. A great place to use as a base for exploring Tuscany. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Cas055
camillaFirenze, Direttore at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

It was so nice to have you here, and we’d like to thank you for appreciating our hospitality.
In the hope of meeting you again we send our warmest regards
Villa Il Poggiale

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Twelve months preparation for a huge European trip meant everything researched on the Internet - Villa Il Poggiale looked just right for us to enjoy our first experience of Tuscany. Everything about the Villa was exceptional, starting with that vital first impression as you drive through those gates - this really is Tuscany; and the views from the driveway are just great. But the real pleasures start on arrival, with the most attentive and caring staff we have ever met, and the room actually exceeded our expectations. The entire "package" is top drawer, including an "honesty" bar, with everything possible available with just a little form to complete to indicate consumption. The staff were so helpful in every respect including negotiating a more reasonable car hire than I had researched and making excellent suggestions for day trips (including where to park for free in Florence!!). We booked this wonderful place on the basis that it was a "Bed & Breakfast", but every night there is a sumptuous meal available should you not wish to venture out to the village - it was exceptional traditional Tuscan food where it was easy to make friends with other guests. As we live in outback Australia, it is unlikely we will ever be able to return, but would not hesitate to recommend this property to any discerning traveller.

Room Tip: There are stairs throughout the property, but as long as that doesn't present a problem the room...
2  Thank Paul B
camillaFirenze, Direttore at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Sirs,

We really appreciated your comment .
All the warmest wishes from all of us.
Villa il Poggiale Team

Reviewed 9 November 2013

First visit two years ago and rated excellent. Second visit gave us no reason to change that rating. We love Villa il Poggiale. The rooms, the setting, the wonderful staff, the access to so many other wonderful places in the Tuscany region... And, considering all, very affordable. The food is great, plus you have close access to wonderful restaurants in San Casciano. We will return to Italy, and il Poggiale will always be a part of our visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sirs,

In the hope of meeting you again we send our warmest regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A last minute booking found us at this Villa. What an amazing place! We had a suite of rooms that were beyond all expectations. Beautiful 4 poster bed and stunning furniture. We arrived late and so went straight to the dining room where we enjoyed a sumptuous buffet and fabulous house wine. Breakfast was also a delight. Anna was a breath of Scottish fresh air. It was a privilege to have stayed in such a wonderful villa. Would have liked to have made this as our base to tour the Chianti region but sadly it was booked out. Definitely recommend Villa Il Poggiale.

1  Thank WenKerger
camillaFirenze, Direttore at Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Sirs,

We thank you for your kind review and we are glad to know that you enjoyed our Villa and our service.
We really hope to have you here again in the next future not too far.
Warmest regards

#3 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Park Hotel Chianti
Park Hotel Chianti
#3 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa

Been to Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica? Share your experiences!