Our room was delightful - comfortable, clean, well-maintained, (mostly) quiet. The villa is beautiful. The grounds are peaceful. The breakfast was very good. But as much as anything, I have to compliment the staff who are genuinely committed to helping their guests have a memorable stay. We rented a car in Florence and drove the short distance to San Casciano. We had some trouble finding the route through town to the villa. (I ultimately relied on GPS on my iPhone which got us there.) Each morning during our stay, we enjoyed the breakfast and then set out driving to visit the numerous hill towns and castles in Tuscany. At the end of the day, returning to the villa was a welcoming experience. We'd enjoy a cocktail (from the honor bar), relax for a while, then head into San Casciano for dinner.
Examples of the staff's attentiveness - 1. They were very helpful in providing maps and suggested itineraries based on our individual interests. 2. When I commented that I still had trouble finding the best route through San Casciano, they provided another map and clear directions that helped. 3. I noted that our room was 'mostly' quiet. In the evening, while relaxing in our room before dinner, we discovered that the kitchen staff would sit on the patio near our window and smoke. When we mentioned it to the office, they immediately put an end to it.
I would highly recommend this villa for your stay in Tuscany. And would happily stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy