So many words can describe Villa il Poggiale - Idyllic, perfect, beautiful, peaceful – but you have to experience it to actually appreciate it.
Our flight was cancelled, but a quick call to Monica and that night was cancelled and an extra night booked with no problem. On arrival we were shown all round the villa with a certain pride and quite rightly too.
I requested a quiet room overlooking the countryside and that is exactly what we got. The room (Number 23) and bathroom were beautifully decorated, comfortable and very clean and happily slept 3 people. At night it was so silent and peaceful that we slept like babies only to awake to the birds singing and a superb view over the Tuscan countryside. The breakfast was basic, but fresh and plentiful and the coffee was fantastic.
Perfectly situated, we spent our days visiting Siena, Florence and the surrounding villages, all delightful but it was always a pleasure to walk back through the gates and see the splendid villa in front of you. There we would have a quick drink from the Honesty Bar and relax in the lounge and take in the beautiful decor.
We ate in the restaurant on our last evening and the food was out of this world and the chef took time to talk and explain the various courses and the recommended wine was....well....magnificent.
We were made to feel so much at home and looking back at the photographs just reminds us of how beautiful it was. I know we will go back again; it is just a matter of how soon.
I cannot recommend Villa il Poggiale highly enough, the villa, the people, the food, the wine....everything. It was exactly what we had asked for. Thank you for making the stay so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy