Having read the endless good reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor I was slightly apprehensive of whether it was really going to live up to expectation. It more than did. The villa is spectactular from the outside with stunning views. Inside it is beautifully decorated with large airy rooms, all tastefully decorated. The small number of staff are are extremely friendly and welcoming and unfailingly helpful and will do anything to give advise and help to make your stay more pleasant.
One of the highlights are the dinners, served buffet style, which consist of various cold hors d'oerves, followed by soup and/or pasta, a main course, usually a roast and a choice of dessert or cheese. It is simple with no real choice but well cooked and beautfully and entertainingly presented by the charming chef.
The hotel is run more like a private house party. If , like us, you like the idea of a comfortable and homely base from which to explore the Tuscan countryside, you will find no better. If , however, you are looking for a more conventual hotel with a multitude of staff, then Villa il Poggiale is not for you. However, we personally loved it and any small flaws were more than compensated for by the beauty and homeliness of it and the friendliness of the staff. For us it was perfect and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy