“Amazing, beautiful boutique hotel”
Review of Villa I Barronci

Villa I Barronci
London
“Amazing, beautiful boutique hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I went with my Mum for a few days in July and we had a great time. The hotel is small enough that you almost feel that you are staying in a private house, but large enough that you have all the amenities you could need - daytime bar service, great breakfast, nice lunch options and a very reasonably priced dinner menu with a good wine selection. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and speak perfect english. The views from the pool and the restaurant / bar terrace are fantastic, especially at sunset. You couldn't get a more perfect spot to stay in the Tuscan hills. Florence was a 20 minute drive away. The rooms are very nicely decorated. A great little find, we were already planning our next stay before we left.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Guest,

we thank you very much, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Villa I Barronci.
We hope you will choose again us for you next trip in Tuscany, perhaps with your adorable mother.

Thanks again. our warmest greeting.

andrea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Olen, Belgium
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our first time in Italy and we picked this hotel that completely fulfilled our hopes. Perfect location, very clean and nice rooms and the most marvellous view over the valley. But the most amazing was the restaurant : fantastic food and wines, very polite and friendly staff. Dining at 'In vino veritas', with the view on the value, is 'heavenly'. Thanks to the staff, we lived for one week in paradise!!!!!!!!
We will come back,
Berto and Valérie (room 14)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Berto and Valérie,

thanks a lot. You make us proud of our work!
Cannot wait to welcome you again. Warm grettings from our restaurant "In Vino Veruitas" staff too!

Thanks again.
our best whishes

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

great place in Tuscany to relax and dine... well located on a mountain... free parking places...WiFi worked well... the only thing I did not like was that you have to pay extra when you want your pool towel to be replaced

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind review and for your recent stay.
It was a pleasure for us.

And, we are redy to welcome you again!

leicestershire
Reviewed 25 July 2013

When you are dreaming about going on holiday,it's not very often that the reality completely fulfills your hopes. I can honestly say that this time it did! The Villa was charming and in such a beautiful location.Eating breakfast/dinner overlooking the valley always took our breath away.The staff were very polite and helpful and the food was gorgeous(highly recommend the 'Rack of Lamb'). Our room was clean,bright and modern(needed some draw space?) and the air conditioning was a god send with temperatures well over thirty every day.Fantastic shower also.Spent a week at the Villa and managed a good mix of 'chill-out' time by the pool plus touring around the region.inc Sienna & Firenze. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Guest,

it's a pleasure for us know that your recent stay at Villa I Barronci really met your wish! Especially, if our panorama took your breath rather than those days heat.

Thanks again. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here on our honeymoon in July 2013 and I think we made a pretty good choice. The location is great, very close to Firenze (20 minutes by car), Siena (50 min) and even Pisa (1h), and it is easy to find, although we did bring a GPS and that helped us. The hotel itself looks very nice, it was impeccably clean, not just the room but the whole residence. We had booked a standard room and not an economy one, but I'm not sure that was what we got. The room was ok, nice, without being too impressive, because it was kind of small, with not a lot of furniture, also the bathroom seemed a little outdated. Overall, we were satisfied with the room, at least it had a great view of the Tuscan hills.
The hotel's restaurant has gotten a lot of great reviews and we have to agree, everything we had was excellent, the wines, prosecco, champagne were great, and the prices were ok actually. We generally paid under 100 euros for 2 people for dinner and wine. We also have to thank and appreciate the services, the guys at the restaurant are just VERY professional, kind and friendly. The resort gets a thumbs-up for them :)
There are a few things we do recommend on upgrading:
- the internet connection was VERY slow and that could be improved
- the cascade shower is unpractical
- maybe some rooms need improving

Overall, we made a great choice for a honeymoon, and we would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your nice words. You made us proud of our work.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Zemst
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very nice staff, excellent kitchen and wines. Great starting point for visits to Sienna, Firenze, San Giminiano, Volterra, Lucca, Pisa and Chianti. Breathtaking view at breakfast and dinners.
Little drawback: swimming pool towels at a price, drinks rather expensive. Wifi OK.
Small villages around with good value small rural restaurants.
Good for as well families as romantic couples.

Room Tip: go for the rooms in the annexes, not main building.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review about your recent stay.
We are glad you enjoyed our panoramic pool and our central position.

We hope you'll choose again Villa I Barronci for your next visit in Tuscany!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Villa Barronci was absolutely incredible. The pictures looked amazing but it surpassed our expectations when we actually got there. Best surprise of the trip. I really cannot say enough about this place, there was no detail that disappointed. I wanted to feel like I was staying in a little Villa in the middle of nowhere in the Chianti wine region, and it did but with the amenities of a 5 star hotel and with the city of Florence a short distance away. The views were breathtaking, it doesn’t even feel real. We had a mid-level room (as far as price is concerned), and I don’t know what the other rooms could look like but ours was great. The bathrooms were spacious, with nice appliances, the bed was comfortable (I found a lot of the hotels in Italy didn’t have a really comfortable mattress but this one did!), it was so relaxing and best of all the view from our room was breathtaking. I felt like I was at a retreat the whole time. We really wanted to take advantage of the pool while we were there, but the weather was a little colder than expected for the last week in May, but honestly it didn’t even matter. We took coffee out on the deck or by the pool every afternoon and relaxing even with clothes on, or getting cozy under a blanket was incredible. The staff here was the best you can ask for. They were accommodating but also genuinely friendly. The restaurant all on its own is enough reason to visit this place. There was a sunroom and also an area with a large picture window overlooking the hills, the ambience was romantic and relaxing. The food was delicious. I love good food, I can get pretty critical and this food did not disappoint. The breakfast was the best we had throughout our trip. They served eggs, which we never saw at any other place, but their breads and other pastries were also great. We stayed 3 days, and spent one day going to Florence. There is a small town within walking distance to the hotel called San Casciano. I highly recommend taking a trip. The walk is beautiful and they have small little shops with no tourists. I loved our day there. We also went to a pizza shop there for dinner where we had the best pizza in all of Italy! This was nice too b/c it saved us some expense eating at the hotel’s restaurant. We did not rent a car when we came from the airport to this hotel (everyone else at the hotel had) and although at times we thought we should have, it was nice too. The hotel told us that most people who rent a car get lost coming. Also drivers in Italy are not the best. When we went to Florence for the day, the streets our taxi took were really narrow and very confusing, in that moment I was so glad we were not driving, it would have caused an argument! Ha. It cost us about 50 euro to get in and out of Florence by taxi, which we did 4 times (going and coming from the airport and then visiting). One word of warning… We were going to do one of the wine/bike tours we saw online and then saw that the hotel has bikes you can use for free so we thought we would go on our own tour. A couple people at the hotel said we could get to the closest winery in 20 minutes. VERY long story short we never made it, it was wayyyy longer than 20 minutes and the hills are just too steep. My husband and I are not the most athletic people in the world but also not the most out of shape. I had to walk my bike half the time b/c the hills were so steep. We actually hitched hike (first time in my life, but we were desperate) back, and this kind Italian man gave us (and our bikes) a ride in his van. We look back and laugh now, but it was a tough adventure. I would recommend actually going on the wine tour (I’m sure they travel on an easier path) or you can rent a scooter from the hotel. But this place was like nothing I have ever experienced before. Everyone needs to experience something like this in their lifetime.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you SO much for your kind words. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your Tuscan experience at all. We will be happy to welcome you again in the future.

An affectionate greeting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
#1 of 5 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!