“Great location and views”
Review of Villa I Barronci

Villa I Barronci
Miami, Florida
“Great location and views”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We chose this city and hotel as a convenient based to explore northern Tuscany by car. They are close to the highway and have ample free parking. Front desk personnel are very friendly and ready to provide directions and recommendations. They have a variety of rooms, ranging from very modern to more traditional. Bathrooms are renovated and everything is clean. We both had a great night's sleep on each of our four nights. Breakfast buffet offers a large selection of assorted pastries, salmon, salami, cheese, cereal, hot eggs, and bread. It is served at their on-premise restaurant, which offers fine dining with a generous selection of wines. The views of Tuscany from the hotel are amazing.

We recommend this hotel as a base to explore Florence, Pisa, and the Chianti region. Much cheaper than staying in Florence and much more scenic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your review about your stay in May!
We are glad for your nice words about our Villa, our personnel, our restaurant and that our central position favored your trips along Tuscany.

Ready to welcome you again!
Regards

Gemma Merli
Front desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have stayed here on two separate trips to picture-esque Tuscany, in summer of 2007 and spring 2013, and have fallen more and more in love with it each time. The views are the most beautiful I've ever seen, from the pool and terrace, and from the rooms overlooking the valley. Its set up for everything you need on a trip to the area, and the staff are more than happy to make your stay a dream come true. The food is amazing, don't even get me started on the foccacia bread at the breakfast buffet, or the dinner menu with delicious pasta, and that florentine steak! I had a chance to check out the new spa/sauna on my most recent trip and it was so relaxing, like a private, quiet getaway with more beautiful view of olive groves. I love everything about Villa I Barronci and will definitely be back for another visit in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for being back here, and thank you for your nice review about our Villa, our restaurant, and our little SPA.

We can't wait to welcome you again!
Our warmest greetings.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this hotel based on the amazing images I saw on websites. Yes the pool area and the restaurant has a stunning panorama of the tuscan hillsides. Actually this vista was just dreamy. But unfortunately I cannot say the same for the Suite that I stayed in. I had a higher expectation that the room would be more romantic and roomy. But in fact the suite which I paid 330 Euro a night was not what I expected. The bunk beds and the queen size bed were adjacent, leaving no room for any living space as I expected. It was summer and the aircond was required at night, but ours was not cooling very well. I woke at 3am and walked across the pathway to the reception to ask for a fan. The next day the aircond could still not be repaired as the technician needed 48hrs notice. The actual owner of the property came to see our aircond, and suggested that we had left the curtain in front of the floor unit, or perhaps put our suitcases in front of it to stop the airflow. The next night we were all dripping in sweat, and the fan was loud and kept us all awake. I think this property is beautiful, but not worth 330 euro a night. Look elsewhere I think there are plenty of other places around.

By the way, the hotel gave us a flyer on our departure asking us to give a high rating for this property on Trip Advisor and they would give us 10% off our accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BlueBelle585
villaibarronci, Direttore at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry to hear from you this bad experience.

I would like to inform you that the room we had, which can accommodate up to 4 people normally are very popular and many tourists love them!
I'm very surprised to know that someone gave you a flyer to give a high rating for our property on TripAdvisor for a 10% discount off our accommodation; this isn't our way to work.
I would be really grateful if you would be so kind to report me who was , maybe in private (f.mancini@ibarronci.com) , to take the necessary measures.
hoping to have you as our guest again,
Greetings
Filippo Mancini - CEO
Ben Lomond, California
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I couldn't believe how beautiful this Villa looked online...expensive, but a great place to celebrate with my family a couple of days in Italy. Not an easy place to find even with a GPS, but once you get there the views are incredible. We booked a triple room which looked perfect for our family needs. Once we finally arrived the receptionist was very nice and gave us the keys to our room, room 18. Know if you get this room you're getting nothing that remotely resembles what they advertise. It is a room much like a prison cell, a small window that does not open with a dark shutter in front of it... no view at all. The bed, although clean, looks like it came from Grandma's attic with a cot against the wall. It was the single most disappointment of our entire trip. My advise is make sure you don't get the dungeon room... room 18. Terrible. They don't show it online, but it's there and you don't want it!

Room Tip: Not 18 !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank BLDH
villaibarronci, Receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We are deeply sorry to hear from you these words.
Even if room 18 is a very nice room, other guest said, we understand that you didn't like it but we don't know why you didn't told us about it. We really care about all of our guest and we could help you to find a better solution for your stay.
Our villa is very ancient (XII century) and all rooms are different (different size, different furnishings .
Room 18 is a fairly large room (24 sqm), furnished with antiques and value, with a parquet floor and a garden view. The size of all the windows of the villa are all the same!
We hope to be able to welcoming you again for let us give you your best holiday in Tuscany.
Greetings,
Chimera Petrognani
London
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I went with my Mum for a few days in July and we had a great time. The hotel is small enough that you almost feel that you are staying in a private house, but large enough that you have all the amenities you could need - daytime bar service, great breakfast, nice lunch options and a very reasonably priced dinner menu with a good wine selection. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and speak perfect english. The views from the pool and the restaurant / bar terrace are fantastic, especially at sunset. You couldn't get a more perfect spot to stay in the Tuscan hills. Florence was a 20 minute drive away. The rooms are very nicely decorated. A great little find, we were already planning our next stay before we left.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Guest,

we thank you very much, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Villa I Barronci.
We hope you will choose again us for you next trip in Tuscany, perhaps with your adorable mother.

Thanks again. our warmest greeting.

Olen, Belgium
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our first time in Italy and we picked this hotel that completely fulfilled our hopes. Perfect location, very clean and nice rooms and the most marvellous view over the valley. But the most amazing was the restaurant : fantastic food and wines, very polite and friendly staff. Dining at 'In vino veritas', with the view on the value, is 'heavenly'. Thanks to the staff, we lived for one week in paradise!!!!!!!!
We will come back,
Berto and Valérie (room 14)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, receptionist at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Berto and Valérie,

thanks a lot. You make us proud of our work!
Cannot wait to welcome you again. Warm grettings from our restaurant "In Vino Veruitas" staff too!

Thanks again.
our best whishes

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

great place in Tuscany to relax and dine... well located on a mountain... free parking places...WiFi worked well... the only thing I did not like was that you have to pay extra when you want your pool towel to be replaced

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind review and for your recent stay.
It was a pleasure for us.

And, we are redy to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
#1 of 5 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!