“Wonderful vacation experience”

Villa I Barronci
Ravello, italy
“Wonderful vacation experience”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa I Barronci for our week in Tuscany. It is a beautiful location - but you do need your own car to get around. It was a good base for visiting Florence and many of the hill towns. Everyone there was helpful and professional, and the restaurant served excellent meals. it was nice to be able to have a great meal at night after a busy day of sightseeing. We would recommend it strongly.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review, we are glad you appreciated the effors of all the staff.
Hoping to welcome you again, all our best.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed 5 nights in Villa I Barronci during our stay in Tuscany and we stayed in room 15, located in the main building.

The service at the reception was impeccable, the view from the dining area and the pool where amazing but the room itself was really poor. As mentioned, we had room 15 which is right next to the elevator shaft and entrance on the first floor. There was a lot of noise every time the elevator passed through and people where chatting outside of our room a lot. I know that the villa is an old building but this and the in the noise from the floor above us was obnoxious at times. We mentioned this to the receptionist straight upon arrival but the hotel was completely booked for the rest of the week so they couldn't get us another room (even when we booked 4 months in advance)

Would I visit it again? Probably not. The location is nice (close to Firenze and the highway to Siena) but me and my girlfriend are light sleepers so a good night's sleep means a lot to us, something we were not able to get at Villa I Barronci

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the service and the staff, everybody at Villa I Barronci does its best to make the guest feel at ease and we are glad you appreciated it.
Regarding room nr. 15 it is one of the two economy rooms we have at disposal, both located near the elevator, usually we don't have complaints, maybe due to a little wedding group we were hosting, the situation was a bit louder than usual.
We hope you will choose us again indeed, maybe in another room, and we'll have the pleasure of having you as our guest one more time.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just finish our trip of Italy which included Tuscany, Rome, and Sorrento. We could not have picked a more beautiful villa in Tuscany. Been to tuscany many times By far this is the best so far. Beautiful grounds, pool, rooms, and food. A must to see. Centrally located to see the main cities of Florence, Peguria, Assisi, Cortona,Siena to name a few. Had great mountain bikes, free of charge to use.Beautiful wineries close by. A car is a must to be able to enjoy the beautifly scenery. I could go on forever. Thanks again to all th staff at Villa I Barronci.

Room Tip: Triple rooms were very large and spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much, it was a real pleaure having you here at Villa I Barronci. Yes, we are located in privileged position and a car is the best choice to visit all the highlights and art towns in the nearby area.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We spent a whole week of our honeymoon at beautiful Villa I Barroci. I spent quite some time researching accommodation for our trip and this hotel was the best value for money. The hotel was easy to find - very well sign posted coming by car. When we arrived we were blown away by the amazing view. The pictures does not do it justice! The rooms were modern and clean, big comfy bed and large shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant and dinner was fantastic ans so was the spa! The breakfast included was varied but not quite to our taste - as a Norwegian I am used to crusty, dense, multigrain bread with loads of hearty toppings and vegetables. I seems like cake, fruit and white toast is the custom in Italy.

I recommend you hire a car if your stay is more than 2-3 days. There is a local village within walking distance where they have a few basic restaurants and cafes. We ended up doing the 15 min drive to Florence for dinner most nights.

I can warmly recommended Villa I Barroci to everybody who want to experience a relaxing retreat in the Tuscan hills. We will be back for our anniversary in a few years time!

Room Tip: Ask for room no 11 or 12. These rooms have the best view. We stayed in 11.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review, nearly all of our guests tell us that pictures don't do justice to Villa I Barronci..this is very good to hear!

We wait for the pleasure of welcoming you again for your anniversary..

Storrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had a lovely relaxing 6 days at the Barronci. The hotel is ideally placed for visiting Florence and the surrounding area. The panoramic views of the wonderful countryside from both the pool and the restaurant are spectacular, especially the beautiful sunsets over the Tuscan hills.
The restaurant is excellent. The staff, especially Antonio, Piero and the manager Claudio, cannot do enough to make you feel special, and the chef even made me a surprise birthday cake which was presented with great style!!! The barbeque and buffet on the Friday evening was delicious and extremely plentiful!
The breakfast was fabulous too. I feel the restaurant is the heart of the hotel, although the reception staff were also very pleasant and helpful. The reception area is rather tucked away out of sight from the main entrance.
We will return if revisiting this area of Tuscany.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you, we are glad that you enjoyed so much our restaurant and appreciated the staff's efforts.
We hope to welcome you again in a next future to enjoy once again our barbecues, buffets and wines!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here to break up our trip between Milan, Genoa and Florence. The contrast between the Villa life and the city life was very welcome after all of the hustle and bustle.
The food, rooms and service were all better than expected. You really do need to hire a car if you're going to stay there as it is rather isolated from public transport. It is a 40 min drive to Siena from there and about the same to Florence, so it is conveniently located for day trips as well as to relax by the pool.
Our only problem was there was no wifi access, which made things a little difficult- apart from that, Villa Barronci is well worth a visit.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the calm of the villa, yet being near to Florence and the most important Chianti art towns.
Regarding WIFI you know that it was technician problem, yesterday we finally got back the connection!
Hoping to welcome you again, all our best!

Mokena, Illinois
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We truly loved this place! The room was lovely. The wi fi was a little iffy, but after all, we were on vacation in Italy! The dining service was good, and the food delicious. It was very hot while we were there, so the pool was very inviting. All in all, a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you very much for your flattering review!
Hoping to welcome you again in the next future, all our best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
#1 of 5 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!