“Lovely Tuscan retreat”
Review of Villa I Barronci

Villa I Barronci
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great spot to use as base to explore Tuscany. Very comfortable and very clean. Lovely restaurant. Disappointed that bed had no duvet cover on first night, when we asked for cover we were told they had none left!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had an amazing stay at this beautiful villa. The reception staff were incredibly helpful and very friendly, very good customer service.
The hotel room was lovely (suite), spacious very clean, lovely linen with great large bathroom, however it would be nice to have coffee in the room for the guests to enjoy as there was a jug and tea.
We had an amazing dinner at the restaurant, unfortunately the two gentlemen serving in the restaurant let this dinner down, as we found them to come across snooty and looked down their nose at guests when deciding to not order items that they thought we should have. They did not fit in with the rest of the accommodation as everything else was fantastic, a credit to the chef as the food was beautiful and made up for the rudeness of the waiters.
The breakfast was an amazing spread of delicious foods which I am sure all cultures enjoyed as there was a very diverse range, staff at breakfast were very good,
I would definitely recommend this place to future visitors.

Room Tip: If you can afford the suite, definitely worth upgrading to this lovely room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you very much for your very nice review.
We are sorry you didn't appreciate the service during the dinner, the restaurant staff would be pleased to welcome you again hoping you might change your mind.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My 1st trip to Tuscany was awesome and my stay at Villa Bianchi was terrific! Chimera was so helpful when I had a car problem and saved the day. The grounds, view, room and people were world class and I will return often. Grazie mille!
Patrick

Room Tip: #9 was excellent for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review!
We wait for your 2nd trip to Tuscany then!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We just returned from a long weekend at Villa I Barronci and I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a beautiful getaway in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. We flew into Pisa and hired a car at the airport, driving to the hotel took just under an hour and was very easy to find. We did a daytrip to Florence which was about 30 minutes away and easy to navigate our way to too, reception even told us where we could park for free very close to the city centre which was hugely appreciated. The hotel is a beautiful, decorated to a high standard and spotlessly clean. We loved waking up and opening the shutters to look out across the goregous countryside, it's a great way to start your day.

The breakfast spread is wonderful, meats and cheeses with fresh cakes and pastries and great coffee and juices. We ate in the restaurant one night and thought it was lovely, not expensive either when comparing to other nights we ate out. We ate out twice at places recommended by reception, Fattoria El Turco which we cannot recommend highly enough and would encourage anybody to go and Nello in San Casciano which we also loved. Do the wine tasting in the hotel cellar, was the best 5 Euro we ever spent!

Villa I Barronci is a beautiful place to base yourself and very good value for money, i'd encourage anybody to book. Make sure you hire a car though as the taxi quote to Florence was 60 Euro one way so relying on them to get everywhere would cost you a fortune!! Much easier to have your own mode of transport anyway as there is so much to see in this part of the world :)

Room Tip: Room 21 has a beautiful countryside view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed and wonderful review!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much!

Gemma Meri

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent 2 nights of our honeymoon at the hotel, the hotel was very nice and the staff were friendly. The restaurant was great (both in breakfast and dinner) and the view from the dining room is spectacular! our room was a little modest, but the bed was very comfortable. Overall the hotel is recommended if you would like a quiet and peaceful Tuscan vacation.

Room Tip: Stayed at 12, and the view was to the parking side (still had some trees and birds..) and not to the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your review..and congratulations for your wedding!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

It's a great place to stay if you're looking for a laid back and relaxed trip. Cut off from the busy streets and shopping areas the location offers excellent scenic views and is in close driveable distance to some of the finest Vineyards of the region. The staff is extremely courteous and service oriented. While the rooms are neat and large with comfortable beds. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your nice review!
Looking forward to welcome you again,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband, 10 year old son and I have just returned from a 4 day Tuscan break staying at Villa I Barronci.....and we just cannot wait to return. I Barronci offers a mix of modern with a rustic feel but nothing has been compromised. From the moment we arrived until the morning we left the service received from all the staff was impeccable, nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was excellent with a good choice on offer at breakfast and the menu catered for all tastes in the evening. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and contain everything you may need during your stay. My son enjoyed the pool, despite it being in his words 'freezing' but in April it's not surprising! I Barronci was a delightful find and as a base to explore the delights of Tuscany, Florence, Siena and beyond it made an ideal break. Would highly recommend a stay if you are ever visiting the area. We will definitely be going back later in the year when the pool (hopefully) is warmer.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite in the main part which was ideal for the 3 of us.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thanks for your nice and funny review! You are right..you have to be brave enough to face the swimming pool this time of the year! But last year for example April was much warmer.. maybe we'll have a warmer October! We look forward to welcome you back, you and your "freezing" son!!

Front OffIce Manager

Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristic...
#1 of 19 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Relais Poggio Borgoni
Relais Poggio Borgoni
#2 of 19 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
B&B Le Dimore Mezza Costa
B&B Le Dimore Mezza Costa
#4 of 19 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!