The rooms were very nice, the villa was beautiful and very peaceful, we walked around the towns nearby and it was very nice, it's at least 15 to 20 minutes from Florence so take that into account.
The showers are completely open. In that regard I would say the only thing they need to change is putting a curtain or door or something to the showers because you make a mess in the bathroom every time you shower. Also there is glass from the shower to the room so everyone in the room can see you showering, I guess it's ok for a honeymoon couple.
The A/C didn't work properly, slept with the window open every night and some bugs came in.
There was no wifi signal in my room, and when there was it disconnected every five minutes. That is something they must fix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique villahotel, where every room is different, from cardinal-red opulence of Medici or Borgia times via african art, sculpture and paintings to ladies rooms with pastell yellow, green and rosè. Guest will enjoy the view from the grand loggia or the first floor loggia over our vineyards and olive groves to the cupola of Florence cathedral. Two pools, an indoor restaurant and the herbal garden al fresco dining invite to stop and enjoy florentine and italian as well as international cuisie. The fluidum of long bygone days will be reawakened when you look at the frescoes and remind yourself, that Nicolo Machiavelli lived and worked here over 500 years ago , and it is purported that Michelangelo did some work during the 7 year's stay of Machiavelli stay here. Add to all that the winery, tasting wines at leisure in our barrique cellar or try our olive oil during our cooking classes -you have let yourself in for an unique stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Mangiacane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mangiacane Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Villa Mangiacane San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy