From the moment we arrived at this beautiful gem of a hotel, we felt instantly relaxed. After sampling a glass of wine from their own vines, we were shown our rooms which were truly idyllic. With breathtaking views over the gently sloping vineyards, the rooms had all the modern conveniences combined with style and luxury. All of the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and were always on hand to help us book local restaurants, train tickets and taxis. We stayed in the main villa which was absolutely beautiful. It has the feel of being in someone' s own home - there are photo albums scattered around together with the owner's personal art work. The villa is only a short drive away from Florence and after the hustle and bustle of a day sight seeing here, it is truly the best place to return to - a haven of tranquility. The villa's own restaurant was first class but there are also several other restaurants nearby which are certainly worth a visit. Make sure too that you visit Machiavelli's house opposite the villa - a real treat! One of our many highlights was definitely the wine tasting with Christina at the Villa. She is not only extremely knowledgable, but extremely welcoming and informative too - a definite must. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay so very special and in particular to Christina, the wine merchant, and Helmut the manager. We will certainly be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique villahotel, where every room is different, from cardinal-red opulence of Medici or Borgia times via african art, sculpture and paintings to ladies rooms with pastell yellow, green and rosè. Guest will enjoy the view from the grand loggia or the first floor loggia over our vineyards and olive groves to the cupola of Florence cathedral. Two pools, an indoor restaurant and the herbal garden al fresco dining invite to stop and enjoy florentine and italian as well as international cuisie. The fluidum of long bygone days will be reawakened when you look at the frescoes and remind yourself, that Nicolo Machiavelli lived and worked here over 500 years ago , and it is purported that Michelangelo did some work during the 7 year's stay of Machiavelli stay here. Add to all that the winery, tasting wines at leisure in our barrique cellar or try our olive oil during our cooking classes -you have let yourself in for an unique stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Mangiacane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mangiacane Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Villa Mangiacane San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy