The owner is a white African and thus the Villa has a lot of African art. Nice art outside in the sculpture garden, but not so nice in our room. Ugly leopard print throw pillows on the bed. There was a plunge pool and it was full of very cute little baby frogs and other things. Not very clean. The Wifi didn't work in the room. The satellite TV also didn't work. The owner now lives in Monaco. I think he should move back to maintain standards but then maybe this is his standard? I stayed in one of those new rooms he made not in the main villa. Nice photos of other rooms. This room was not nice. Bathroom was not that great. I mean not of any Tuscan style. The grounds are nice. The main villa is nice. The annex rooms or new extra rooms, whatever they call them are not so nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique villahotel, where every room is different, from cardinal-red opulence of Medici or Borgia times via african art, sculpture and paintings to ladies rooms with pastell yellow, green and rosè. Guest will enjoy the view from the grand loggia or the first floor loggia over our vineyards and olive groves to the cupola of Florence cathedral. Two pools, an indoor restaurant and the herbal garden al fresco dining invite to stop and enjoy florentine and italian as well as international cuisie. The fluidum of long bygone days will be reawakened when you look at the frescoes and remind yourself, that Nicolo Machiavelli lived and worked here over 500 years ago , and it is purported that Michelangelo did some work during the 7 year's stay of Machiavelli stay here. Add to all that the winery, tasting wines at leisure in our barrique cellar or try our olive oil during our cooking classes -you have let yourself in for an unique stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Mangiacane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mangiacane Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Villa Mangiacane San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy