My mother planned the trip of a lifetime for our whole family - booking a tuscan villa for 2 wonderful wks. 14 of us stayed at Villa Machiavelli (a private villa available on the grounds of Villa Mangiacane) and it ranks as the best vacation we've taken. We had an amazing stay - every member of the staff was incredibly kind, happy and helpful. The chef, Luca, was truly gifted - we have never eaten so well. The accommodations were top notch - attention to detail obvious everywhere. And the landscape was unbelievable - surrounded by vineyards and olive groves with the sights of Florence in the distance. Not knowing the territory very well, we found the Villa thru Abercrombie and Kent. They coordinated all airport transport and cars on call for the two weeks - our drivers were incredible guides and kind, interesting people. Great professionals, just like the staff at Mangiacane. The best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique villahotel, where every room is different, from cardinal-red opulence of Medici or Borgia times via african art, sculpture and paintings to ladies rooms with pastell yellow, green and rosè. Guest will enjoy the view from the grand loggia or the first floor loggia over our vineyards and olive groves to the cupola of Florence cathedral. Two pools, an indoor restaurant and the herbal garden al fresco dining invite to stop and enjoy florentine and italian as well as international cuisie. The fluidum of long bygone days will be reawakened when you look at the frescoes and remind yourself, that Nicolo Machiavelli lived and worked here over 500 years ago , and it is purported that Michelangelo did some work during the 7 year's stay of Machiavelli stay here. Add to all that the winery, tasting wines at leisure in our barrique cellar or try our olive oil during our cooking classes -you have let yourself in for an unique stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Mangiacane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mangiacane Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Villa Mangiacane San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy