Over one year ago, my husband and I took a leap of faith and chose Salvadonica only from internet research and tripadvisor reviews as our wedding venue and invited our friends and family from Canada and the United States to spend 3 days celebrating with us. From the very beginning, Beatrice, Francesca and Consuelo were very responsive to our emails - they replied promptly on a daily basis with detailed answers and clarified any questions or concerns that we had regarding our event. When our wedding planner (who they had never met before) got in touch with them, the communication between them was seamless, and they worked together to make sure the wedding would be perfect. As one can imagine, planning a wedding from across an ocean can be quite stressful, but Salvadonica worked very hard to make sure that we had all the information we needed to feel comfortable with our plans.
When we arrived, we couldn't believe how lucky we were to be in definitely one of the most beautiful places in the world - all of the views you see in the pictures are real and even more beautiful in person. My husband and I stayed in Melograno 12 which is the converted stable room and it is for sure the most unique and special room that is available, we loved it. The borgo is conveniently located near a town where groceries and amenities are readily available, and trips to cities like Florence and Sienna are an easy car trip away, and surrounded by local wineries. Our guests enjoyed the convenience of these day trip possibilities. Beatrice, Francesca, Consuelo and all of the staff members were a pleasure to meet - they were warm and friendly and made sure that all of our guests had everything they needed. The restaurant served absolutely delicious traditional food using good quality local ingredients at reasonable prices - the cheesecake is the best cheesecake we have ever had. We enjoyed several bottles of the house wine during our stay by the pool while enjoying the view, and we regret that we did not bring some home to enjoy their delicious olive oil.
The day before the wedding, the awesome staff at Salvadonica prepared the most delicious welcome dinner, cooked over an open fire and served buffet style. The set up and decor for the meal was rustic and beautiful and was the perfect way to welcome our guests from their long journey and to kick off our wedding celebration.
The day of the wedding, Beatrice and Francesca surprised us by leaving a beautiful basket of flowers in our room. They also helped our wedding planner to coordinate set up of the event with the caterers. Jessica who is one of their best waitresses was available for the entire evening to make sure all our needs were taken care of. It was the most perfect wedding day a bride could hope for – perfect weather, beautiful views at every turn and never having to worry about the needs of her guests because it was already being taken care of.
Thank you to everyone at Salvadonica for an incredible vacation and for working so hard to make sure this special trip was so perfect for us. We will be definitely be back one day!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and TripOnline SA so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy