Salvadonica was a great springboard for our day trips around Tuscany (Siena, San Gimignano, Florence, Arezzo, and even Pisa!). We stayed in a Classic Superior suite. The balcony offered a great view of the vineyard-lined hills (and the sunset). The kitchen and dining area were adequately equipped for basic cooking and dining for two people, which we found very convenient. The bedroom was nice but the mattress wasn't very comfortable.
The staff were very helpful. The made reservations for us at the nearby restaurant La Tenda Rossa (a must-try!) and helped us figure out the bus schedule. (Speaking of which, there's a bus that runs right from Salvadonica to Florence -- super convenient and inexpensive).
We didn't really make use of the various amenities at the Borgo (tennis court, massage room, pool). We did have dinner at the on-site restaurant, but it was nothing special given the price.
Overall, great staff, nice rooms, awesome location close to Florence and anywhere else you want to visit in Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy