We stayed for 1 week. As in the other reviews before this one, the location is absolutely beautiful and the staff go out of their way to be helpful.
Breakfast is adequate and lunch is outstanding.
Easily drivable to Florence/Siena/Pisa.
On the downside, Salvadonica is very quiet and isolated. We were a young couple and found this a bit frustrating at times.
For example, in the evenings on returning from dinner, the place was always deserted, of both staff and guests. This seemed to be the norm right through our week stay. Also, during the daytime, you'd rarely see other guests around. Because you're in the middle of nowhere, you tend to miss this interaction.
To summarise, young couples be aware that this place is an early to bed, read all day kind of place, devoid of any social interaction/activity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy