We enjoyed our stay. We stayed in Sussia (sp?). It was a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Here's why we liked it (in no order):
1. Most of all, super accomodating friendly staff.
2. Very pleasent check-in. They speak English very well too.
3. Nice clean simple accomodations.
4. Tranquil setting, 30-45 minutes from Florence.
5. Clear directions to the estate.
6. Fantastic wine, cheap. We can't get good wine like that without paying top dollar here in Canada.
7. Everywhere you sit or look is a view.
Things that we didn't like:
1. No air conditioning. Would've made it a little more comfortable. It wasn't a big deal though.
2. Shower heads were really clogged.
3. Bit of a hornet problem outside around the farmhouse building where the apartment was.
Overall, nice people, nice resort, reasonably priced, relaxing and tranquil. I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is one of the most beautiful estates in Val di Pesa and was built by the ancient Del Corno family in the 12th century. The family committed itself with diligence and dedication to enhancing the rural environment and this estate was turned into a real "agronomical park". In 1523 - when the Renaissance was at its peak - the estate passed to the Strozzi family.Il Corno became their summer house. Since 1911 it is owned by the Counts Frova Arroni di Arrone, who carried on all its traditional agronomic activities - oil and wine production - with diligence and commitment, in a perfect union between high technology, traditional methods and respect for the environment. Towards the end of the 1990s some of the main country houses of the estate were restored and renovated and today they serve as accommodation for our guests. There are rooms and apartments - partly made up of original pieces - where tradition, elegance and simplicity create a real magic atmosphere. Here you will spend very relaxing holidays, sun baths or swimming in one of our pools surrounded by our big park. Enjoy some of our delicious typical food and drinking one of our fine wines !!. Finally, the Villa represents a romantic Renaissance-style location where to celebrate weddings, parties , meetings, conventions and any other events. You can stay in our country houses in an apartments or in a room, elegantly furnished, partly with original and antique pieces . The hills of the Chianti region, with vineyards and olive trees, characterize the splendid landscape that surrounds our country houses. These houses were built more than 500 years ago and they have been restored taking great care to preserve their original structure, materials and furniture. Their wooden beams and terracotta floors perfectly match the comfort and modernity of the services provided. You will experience the best of your holiday diving into our swimming pools surrounded by nature, having breakfast while admiring our breathtaking landscape, tasting the excellent wines we produce or having a romantic candlelit dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Tenuta il Corno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenuta Il Corno San Casciano In Val Di Pesa, Tuscany, Italy