“Great views and food in a real Tuscan farmhouse”

Agriturismo Stazione di Monta
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Vicchio
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great views and food in a real Tuscan farmhouse”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We found this farmhouse on the internet and stayed, with our adult children, for four nights. As we were attending a wedding, we did not eat dinner but those who did, seemed very satisfied. Breakfast was everything you asked for - if you wanted something, you got it - muesli, yoghurt, local proscuitto and cheese. I saw excellent bacon but did not try it. The bread and ravioli was freshly made on the premises by Sandro, the husband! The rooms were clean, comfortable and warm at night (even without duvets). Friends who stayed in a luxury villa 800m away did not have en-suite rooms whilst they paid much, much, more! Whilst it took a little time for hot water to make its way through to the room, once it did there was lots of it. The patio was a great place to sit, take in the scenery, read a book and savour a glass of the local wine or beer. Silvi (the wife), assisted by Anilka, was very attentive and sought to meet our every need including for information on local taxis etc. The walk into Vicchio was a reasonable 25 minutes and through beautiful countryside. Vicchio was a small village but had a railway station, an excellent wine bar (very welcoming and inexpensive), great cafe (again inexpensive), ATMs and hardware shop amongst other shops in its square. Our friends reported that Rupecanina had a good market with bargains to be had in cheeses etc. It was a little far to walk to the train station but there was good parking around it and the journey to Florence was very cheap - 4.5 Euro single. We are already planning our return journey and this is our top of list for half board.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steven C

Sao Paulo, SP
“Would never get back there for the night!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was looking for an "agriturismo" hotel not very far from Florence when I found Stazione di Monta. From the pictures I had seen on a website and the other "agriturismo" place I was before going there I was totally disapointed. I haven't seen any farm, just found a main house - where the reception, restaurant and the family home is - and a couple of rooms by the road. About the room, although new, wasn't that clean and I felt that moist smell everywhere - cabinets, closet, bathroom... The food was good - I had dinner there on time - but the breakfast could have been better. I stayed in much better places in Italy for lower prices.

• Visited January 2013