If you appreciate loud classical Chopin's piano concerts during breakfast, lunch & diner, then you must stay here! If you prefer a warm Mediterranean atmosphere avoid this place and read my review.
We booked this hotel for 5 nights, but decided to leave after 2 nights. Let me tell you why.
The arrival was good. I always appreciate when the host is shaking hands on arrival. So was here. The receptionist introduced herself and shook hands with us upon arrival. We were lucky because we were offered a free upgrade to a junior suite. So far, so good.
During diner we ordered Chianti wine from the wine list and to my surprise the waiter brought us a bottle which was already opened. I expressed my surprised reaction because it is actually normal that an ordered bottle is opened in the presence of the guest. I asked the waiter if there was any specific reason why he brought us an already opened bottle. The reaction was "I just opened it just a few minutes ago" and with an irritated attitude he pored the wine into the glasses and left the table.
In the morning, we experienced the good quality of the breakfast. However, I noticed the loud classical music that played an annoying piano concert. During lunch, all guests were disappeared. Although the hotel is serving lunch, there is no warm welcoming atmosphere that invites quests to go for lunch: the tables are not prepared and we did not feel invited by the lady that served lunch. And again: the loud classical piano concerts. Sometimes it felt like that the hotel is playing some auto-reloop classical CD without being aware that it must changed sometimes to create a warm Mediterranean atmosphere (e.g. Buena Vista Social Club, Cesaria Evora).
We decided not to have lunch or diner anymore in the hotel. Instead, we found some nice places in the area (like Ristorante L'antica Porta di Levante). We informed the reception about our personal opinion about the classical music and invited the receptionist to think about some alternative music. Politely, the receptionist informed us that we this classical music is the best music to create the warm and relaxing atmosphere. She even gets compliments about it!
We decided not to stay any longer here despite our 5 night reservation and to look for a warm atmosphere hotel and area, which we found in Fiesole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany