It is rare that a place reccomended by someone can live up to its reputation.But for the first time the build up to my recent stay at the Villa Campestri, not only lived up to but far exceeded our expectations!
An oasis of calm set in the Mugello hills, Pauolo and his family extended their hospitality and along with their team of fantastic staff made us feel immediately welcome.After a few days the mad pace of our everyday city lives gave into the surrounding calm, and we were able to enjoy the sense of encircled space under Campestris sky, we note they use this as a fitting hotel logo; you can totally envelope yourself in what is on offer here which is family hospitality, wonderful facilities and knowledgable and efficient staff.
It is a magnificent house, decorated for comfort with an eclectic mix of furniture and artefacts that add to the sense of being in someone's home.
Huge pots of Rhodedendrums and fantastic pots of lemon and limes ( on the same tree) welcome you into the reception area.Spiralling up the hill initially may not be for the faint hearted, but it wasn't long before it became very automatic.
The food was delicious and the extensive wine list would satisfy all tastes and budgets .This is a place to be educated too, the olive oils gave us a new insight into the benefits and nutritional values of the Mediterranean diet.
The scenery was breathtaking and though the hotel was, justifiably,at full capacity there was never a sense of overcrowding,the feeling of space and calm cannot be over emphasised ,you are enveloped within its circle of sky.
If you are looking for alternatives to the hustle of Florence or the like,if you need to recharge and need to take stock you will definately enjoy the holistic nature of this hotel and I cannot reccomended Campestri too highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany