We just returned from a stay at the Villa Campestri, and are reliving this perfect vacation spot. The setting is gorgeous, the service impeccable(we were treated royally), the food elegant and delicious, and the room beautiful, elegant, and comfortable. The bathroom was filled with lovely complimentary amenities and very clean. We stayed in a junior suite with a friend, who felt very comfortable with the extra bed in the living room. Set high on a hill and looking out over the landscape, the terrace was a magical spot for dinner every evening. The wine list was extensive and wonderful, and perfectly accompanied the interesting and impressive menus.
I would highly recommend the olive oil tasting course given by hotel owner Gemma Pasquali. Her knowledge and passion on the subject are infectious, and we left with a wealth of information about the growing of the olive trees, harvesting of the fruit, production of the oil, and the criteria for judging the quality and taste of commercial olive oils. This course is a must. Gemma was so engaging and generous with her time.
Finally, the prepaid discounted price was a real deal. It would be difficult to find this level of luxury and comfort at this price anywhere in Europe. The Villa Campestri has my unqualified recommendation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany