I took visiting friends to Villa Campestri for lunch recently and the place is truly a little piece of paradise. In the beautiful hills of Mugello, it overlooks the Vicchio/BorgoSan Lorenzo plain and the Appenines beyond. It is peaceful and relaxing, a perfect place to get away from the frenetic world. And the food is fabulous. From the olive oil tasting appetizer to homemade pasta profumed with orange and topped with a duck sauce to totrtelli muggelane (a specialty of the area, large tortelli stuffed with potato and topped with ameat sauce) to a lovely understated risotto di mare to a roast rabbit and rosemary flavored potato sformato, we made our way happily through it all, sharing our choices with each other. And we could not miss the chocolate torta made with olive oil and oozing warm chocolate from its center. Sisters Viola and Jemma and their wonderful staff take meticulous care of their guests. I highly recommend your finding the time to visit them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany