We stayed here on our last night after a weeks holiday in Italy. We thought it would be a real treat at the end of our stay. However, it was not quite the height of luxury we expected. The room we had was dark and although this may be expected, as it was probably designed this way to keep out the sun, I would still expect at least one good electric light in the room. I have also learned, reading another review/response once I got home, that there is more than one lounge/seating area. As many of the comments are regarding the dark rooms, it may be beneficial to inform guests of this on arrival.
The bathroom was tiny and although fitted out with "amenities set from the Fattoria di Belcanto in Vicchio di Mugello" this is only a good point if the room is big enough to do them justice. They are of little use if you end up with bruised knees when attempting to use them!
The food was very good and cooked well. I did think it was strange that you had to pay extra for their own olive oil. In every other restaurant I have been to, you are offered oil to go with your bread etc, it is a part of the meal, here it is an expensive extra which I think is loosing the point somewhat, they are not appearing to share (I know the customer ultimately pays) the joy of what they produce. Breakfast was good, they had some particularly good croissants and fruit juices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany