My husband and I just returned from three nights at the beautiful and unique Villa Campestri. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome byTatiana, who took us up to our suite with a fabulous tile and beamed ceiling. The ancient walls and tile floors created a Tuscan ambiance, but with all the modern conveniences. During the olive oil tasting with Jemma, we learned so much about olive oil production and what to look for in a good olive oil. Many cooking classes are offered, and I took one on Italian sauces with Chef Cristian. It was a great learning experience combined with fun and a great tasting afterward. The villa offers an abundant complimentary breakfast and an elegant dining room. We ate in the restaurant two of our three nights and enjoyed each meal and the suggested wine. Viola helped us with directions and suggestions for an afternoon day trip. The family who owns the villa has created a wonderful retreat in the beautiful countryside of the Mugello region of Tuscany. What sets this resort apart is the active role the family plays in all aspects of the Villa Campestri experience. We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany