A few years ago we stayed at the Villa Campestri. We decided to try it again for one night. The good news is we enjoyed it as much the second time as our first stay. The location is way up on a hill with a superb view of the surrounding area. Try to arrive in daylight you may not wish to drive up the mountain at night. The room & bathroom was very clean.
It is a very old house and noise does travel. During the day we could hear our neighbours walking. At night guests seem to be respectful and noise was not an issue. There is also no elevator or A/C. Nights were cool so this was not an issue.
We had dinner in the restaurant. While it is expensive, it was wonderful. Breakfast was also very good and you can enjoy it on a terrace. A cold buffet with hard boiled eggs. WIFI worked in the main part of the house and was slow and weak in our room.
Summary a great base to tour Tuscany or for a one night stay. The only word of caution, due to its location you will likely need to eat dinner at the hotel which can be costly. The good news is the food and service was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Prestigia, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany