I did not plan to stay at Villa Campestri but when I visited my friends and saw the beautiful estate I asked for a room and was lucky enough to get the last available one. The location is spectacular and not even an hour from Firenze airport. The last bit of the road is narrow with two dozen tight turns but when you arrive on the plateau you will discover a splendid view. The gardens are lavish and perfectly well kept. The villa looks more like a private home than a hotel and everyone from the staff is so friendly that you feel like visiting friends. We had dinner twice and it was excellent. For our second night we asked for bistecca Fiorentina (which is not on the menu) so they went to get some and it was outstanding. The same counts for the other items on the menu. Breakfast offers more than what you usually get in Italy, you can even prepare your own fresh orange juice. I had a single room with no air-conditioning but the temperatures on the hill are much lower and therefore you don't need it. The room is equipped with some precious old furniture. The water pressure in the shower is excellent. The key to the door is weighs a ton but is as beautiful as the heavy wooden door. I just love authenticity. There is a pool with comfortable chairs and -again - a great cue on the valley. They offer free WiFi but if it is not very fast and stable. So bring a couple of books and enjoy the silence and beauty of that perfect hideaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany