“absolute disgraceful hotel”

Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bussolengo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

So, I went to this hotel as part of a school trip. It looks lovely on the website but it was a whole different story once we got there. I got into the room and I needed to go to the toilet so I pulled up the toilet seat and what did I find a big hair on it. That is just disgusting. And, don't get me started on the food, the dinner was a buffet dinner and they served you two kinds of pasta as your starter. The sauce was meant to be a cheese sauce but it turned out to be a mushroom sauce that nobody liked. There was also a tomato sauce on the pasta, that was ok but had a bad after taste. Then came the buffet, there was nothing but vegetables and one type of meat. They didn't have a sign up saying what the food was so nobody knew what the dishes consisted off. Nobody ate the food all we could eat was stale breadrolls ! They didn't even have pizza which was very disappointing. We were also told that we would be able to swim in the swimming pool which was such a disgrace. The pool had little insects living in it and green mould at the bottom as it was not cleaned in 7 months, now you could imagine the state of it ! We also had to get security on our floor at all times during the night as there were boys outside our rooms wanting to know our details and being over nice to us. Also I should tell you all that the bed sheets we damp and we could not sleep in them as we were afraid we would get sick because of it. It is the most disgraceful, disgusting, most unsanitary and most unsafe hotel I have ever been to in all my years of going on holidays. This hotel should not be 3 star it should barely be 1 star. For anyone that is thinking about booking this hotel please take this into consideration as it is definitely not worth the money. It has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. Never stepping near that hotel again. Please avoid this hotel for your own benefit it is an absolute joke of a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sarah b

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Hotel Gardesano....Where to begin.
In all my years of travelling I have never come accross a more unsanitary, dirty, unsafe hotel.
strange men wandering the halls all night, brown stuff floating in the pool, wet bed sheets, rat traps under the beds, horrible staff and disgusting meals.
In the four days we stayed there all we ate was stale bread rolls.
It looks just beautiful on the website....but in reality it is awful.
If you have children DO NOT take them.
Avoid hotel gardesano at all costs.
I have no idea how it got three stars, absolute joke.

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the disco area. Unsafe to say the least.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise B
Reviewed 12 April 2013

On treating my father to a wonderful holiday in Italy this was our last stop.. the webpage looked fantastic.. in truth we arrived to the reception with rubbish lying around empty coke bottles etc.

Only to be greated by grumpled staff, it was very obvious we were disturbing them from doing nothing. The receptionist we did deal with was inpolite beyond belief. When I tried to ask questions ... this was too much of a hassle for her.
She proceded to direct us to the 'gate' to mushy muddy grass with no pathways even though I clarified if this was correct she reiterated Gate, turns out this was incorrect.

When we got to the building my face clearly showed my unhappiness but just as we were ready to try to get a taxi out to a diff hotel we were approached by someone (who I later found out to be Vincienzo) from the bar/restaurant Buon Appetito. Although, immediately we were still planning on taxying anywhere to get a new hotel.

If we had not been treated so well by the Buon Appetito staff (in particular Camelia, Vincienzo and Pasquel as well as the chef) we would have most definately been out of there not caring if it was a taxi to Rome which is nowhere near!
So Vincienzio was constantly offering us car rides into Verona and to pick us up whenever. Camelia was fantasticly and overpleasing to us, as well as being so friendly but also a very smart lady. Pasquel was constantly on the go trying to please customers carrying out multiple tasks!

The Hotel itself - if I had children.... I'm sure the facilities would have been great 20 years ago but with lack of money injection to care and maintenance! A health and safety Threat!! So no if I had children I think not!!! Not even as a last resort!
My service Scoring Goes SOLEY ON THE RESTAURANT STAFF!
Spa... Fitness Centre - we werent told about it! That goes from lack of information!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We only stayed there for a night. Although we really liked the hotel, the rooms were very spacious and clean. We traveled in October so the swimming pool facilities were not operative. The playing area is perfect for children and there is a lot of things to do and plenty of space outside. The breakfast has a wide variety of food and the restaurant is somewhat elegant.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tinnos2
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel boasts three stars, but it is far from that. It is a huge facility mainly for bus groups, I cannot imagine spending a family vacation there. Located outside Bussolengo in a rural neighbourhood, getting anywhere is a bit of a challenge, as you need to walk or cycle on a quite busy road unless you have a car. Rooms are worn out (plus a third bed was added to what obviously was a double room), aircon controls broken, no fridge, just an old 14" CRT TV, in the morning the hot water pressure was very low and there was only a single power outlet for the desk, so if you wanted to watch TV, there was no way to have a notebook recharged in the meantime. The hotel also openly practises double pricing, as I cannot imagine all those bussed tourists paying the same rate as our party of almost 30 was charged. If there is a bus group checking in or out, the reception staff are overwhelmed and the reception remains paralysed for at least half an hour. The hotel also prefers business from the bar over the rest and privacy of the guests, as there was considerable noise from the bar going well past midnight and nobody from the staff did anything about it. If you are not on a half or full-board basis, there are two decent eating options in the close vicinity (actually walkable, but on the road with no emergency strip, let alone a sidewalk. There is no in-room wifi, only in the lobby (or, if you are lucky, you may catch the lobby wifi in your room). One positive aspect was the breakfast, quite plentiful and varied.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms get a lot of noise from the hotel bar. Probably best bet are roadside rooms, which al...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Martinzz
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I guess you get what you pay for but everything in Italy in July and August is expensive and therefore increases one's expectations. The hotel is horrible to look at from the road. If it was in the UK it could pass for a council estate. The photos definitely make it look better than it is and it is miles away from Lake Garda. We booked this hotel because of the pool and to give our 2 children a break from sight-seeing. The pool did not disappoint as it was large, well maintained and clean. The only risk is that they open it up to the public which means it does get very busy at times. The rooms were also clean but very sparse and to be honest had a 1 star feel to them. In room 121D, we looked out over a driveway which, given where we were, was disappointing. The breakfast was sufficient and the self service lunch had enough variety to choose from - just a pity they provided food that didn't keep well (like tempura fish and calamari). I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Avoid 121D unless you like to look of concrete drive ways!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank icklefritz
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We really enjoyed our three-night stay in this hotel. The staff at the reception were fine, even willing to speak Italian with me, though the not-well-speaking practice is definitely much more beneficial to me than to them. The staff at the dining room were nice, apparently foreigners, always smiling and willing to help, though a bit confused at times. The food was very good. The pool was clean and hospitable, just its opening hours might have been prolonged a bit. Rooms were clean and though simple, providing everything you really need. The noise was not as bad as described below by other reviewers, just one night some guests behaved a bit louder until about one o'clock in the morning, otherwise it was ok. As to the smell, we did not experience the problems described here in our pavilion. The location is not perfect, but with your own car at hand, I find it even better to stay at a quiet place far from any city, town or even village. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travellers (not sure about families as we are just a kidless couple so far, but there were plenty of them - just some German kids behaved loud and apparently spoiled, but you can survive this as they are everywhere not just across Italy).

Room Tip: A room in the outer wing with a balcony leading to the outer part (not to the pool) is just fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lamanai77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussolengo
Hotel Krystal
Hotel Castello San Antonio
Poiano Resort Hotel
Poiano Resort Hotel
#13 of 49 in Garda

Been to Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano? Share your experiences!