“youth hostel in best case”

Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bussolengo
Belgrade
“youth hostel in best case”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

hotel complex is located basically far away from everything. although it is recently renovated, hotel is best to avoid.
hotel rooms are unequipped, furniture is IKEA style, TV is 11 inch, most of hotel smells like kindergarten food, wallpapers are already messy, bathrooms are small and well damaged, towels are basically kitchen rags, mostly school kids stay in this hotel, so level of noise is beyond imagination. breakfast is buffet style, and to be honest, better than expected.
it would be for the best to avoid this hotel, and find better solution

Room Tip: take a moment, make a silent pray before entering reception, maybe God will have mercy and give you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was hoping the reviews were exaggerated but NO THEY ARE TRUE! Dirty, aged, unsanitary, loud mobbish school parties, disco under the bedrooms until late hours run by the bar staff. Completely unsympathetic and disinterested staff. Food passable, but cheap.

In beautiful surroundings but let down by lack of cleaning, poor hygiene and terrible customer service!

Room Tip: They are all terrible
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bussolengo hotels

Reviewed 25 May 2013

After using this hotel for 4 years, I have never found this hotel to be anything like what people are saying about the negative comments. Rooms are suitable for trip, the area we stayed in had been upgraded since last year which was pleasing to see. The food is buffet style and there was an abundance of food for every meal! The dining room is spacious and staff v helpful. The pool needed a little clean but was ok to use. The surroundings are stunning. Never had a bad time in 4 years. We stayed in c block. Will use again, no issues.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Manxregular
Cakovec, Croatia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayd in hotel one night as our trio to Gardaland. We had dinner and breakfast.Our room was extra clean, nice, fresh sheets, clean bathroom, on the first floor. Dinner was amazing, first Italian pasta, then buffet. Everything was very tasy. Breakfast was also good, if you arn'e looking for someting super extra. I would definitely return there. The pool I din't use, bus it wasn't clean, maybe summer season didn't begun, but I don't know.

2 Thank jotajo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

So, I went to this hotel as part of a school trip. It looks lovely on the website but it was a whole different story once we got there. I got into the room and I needed to go to the toilet so I pulled up the toilet seat and what did I find a big hair on it. That is just disgusting. And, don't get me started on the food, the dinner was a buffet dinner and they served you two kinds of pasta as your starter. The sauce was meant to be a cheese sauce but it turned out to be a mushroom sauce that nobody liked. There was also a tomato sauce on the pasta, that was ok but had a bad after taste. Then came the buffet, there was nothing but vegetables and one type of meat. They didn't have a sign up saying what the food was so nobody knew what the dishes consisted off. Nobody ate the food all we could eat was stale breadrolls ! They didn't even have pizza which was very disappointing. We were also told that we would be able to swim in the swimming pool which was such a disgrace. The pool had little insects living in it and green mould at the bottom as it was not cleaned in 7 months, now you could imagine the state of it ! We also had to get security on our floor at all times during the night as there were boys outside our rooms wanting to know our details and being over nice to us. Also I should tell you all that the bed sheets we damp and we could not sleep in them as we were afraid we would get sick because of it. It is the most disgraceful, disgusting, most unsanitary and most unsafe hotel I have ever been to in all my years of going on holidays. This hotel should not be 3 star it should barely be 1 star. For anyone that is thinking about booking this hotel please take this into consideration as it is definitely not worth the money. It has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. Never stepping near that hotel again. Please avoid this hotel for your own benefit it is an absolute joke of a hotel.

2 Thank sarah b
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Hotel Gardesano....Where to begin.
In all my years of travelling I have never come accross a more unsanitary, dirty, unsafe hotel.
strange men wandering the halls all night, brown stuff floating in the pool, wet bed sheets, rat traps under the beds, horrible staff and disgusting meals.
In the four days we stayed there all we ate was stale bread rolls.
It looks just beautiful on the website....but in reality it is awful.
If you have children DO NOT take them.
Avoid hotel gardesano at all costs.
I have no idea how it got three stars, absolute joke.

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the disco area. Unsafe to say the least.
2 Thank Louise B
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

On treating my father to a wonderful holiday in Italy this was our last stop.. the webpage looked fantastic.. in truth we arrived to the reception with rubbish lying around empty coke bottles etc.

Only to be greated by grumpled staff, it was very obvious we were disturbing them from doing nothing. The receptionist we did deal with was inpolite beyond belief. When I tried to ask questions ... this was too much of a hassle for her.
She proceded to direct us to the 'gate' to mushy muddy grass with no pathways even though I clarified if this was correct she reiterated Gate, turns out this was incorrect.

When we got to the building my face clearly showed my unhappiness but just as we were ready to try to get a taxi out to a diff hotel we were approached by someone (who I later found out to be Vincienzo) from the bar/restaurant Buon Appetito. Although, immediately we were still planning on taxying anywhere to get a new hotel.

If we had not been treated so well by the Buon Appetito staff (in particular Camelia, Vincienzo and Pasquel as well as the chef) we would have most definately been out of there not caring if it was a taxi to Rome which is nowhere near!
So Vincienzio was constantly offering us car rides into Verona and to pick us up whenever. Camelia was fantasticly and overpleasing to us, as well as being so friendly but also a very smart lady. Pasquel was constantly on the go trying to please customers carrying out multiple tasks!

The Hotel itself - if I had children.... I'm sure the facilities would have been great 20 years ago but with lack of money injection to care and maintenance! A health and safety Threat!! So no if I had children I think not!!! Not even as a last resort!
My service Scoring Goes SOLEY ON THE RESTAURANT STAFF!
Spa... Fitness Centre - we werent told about it! That goes from lack of information!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussolengo
Montresor Hotel Tower
#7 of 7 in Villafranca di Verona
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,073 reviews
Poiano Resort Hotel
Villa Quaranta Tommasi Wine Hotel & SPA

Been to Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano? Share your experiences!