“It's fine for what it is.”

Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bussolengo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“It's fine for what it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was one of the choir group another reviewer mentioned, and was also dreading this hotel, on the basis of previous reviews. We were reassured that there was "energetic new management". I can only think that the last managers were staggeringly lazy, because there were many things about this place that could be so easily fixed.
The lights in my room - the only one that worked was the central light, controlled from the door (which apparently did not lock).
The taps which serve the poolside showers - covered in slime.
The pool itself desperately needs the surround being cleaned.
Strangely enough, my room was sparkling clean and the towels were changed constantly.
The receptionists are pretty unhelpful (and badly-informed, about minor details like the bus which serves the local village).
The hotel serves school groups and it shows. But for the money - it's perfectly tolerable. The food is uninspired but healthy and plentiful. However, the coffee comes from a machine and is unutterably vile.
It's just a pity that a potentially nice place is let down by things that could so easily be fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Building B; it's further away from the road, and if you get a room overlooking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fiona A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights with a 60 plus choir group. The reviews are pretty awful and hence we didn't know what to expect. The receptionists were pretty scatty. Our first room had a broken shower, badly cracked sink and right next to the noisy bar. They moved us without question. The new room was fine. The shower is bijou - heaven knows how an overweight person might get into it (we are svelte). The place was clean contrary to previous reviews. Great swimming pool. The food was standard institutional fare. There is much lacking in this resort hotel but for the money it was an excellent deal. The wifi is useless, and really a hotel catering for young people this is just not on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobertInverness
Zadar County, Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three days and two nights. The rooms were dirty. The service wasn't professional. The hotel is a complex of a few buildings. I had to go to another building to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. I didn't like that.
The hotel should be renewed. It's located near the road and long distant from a village.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Marta K
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here on a school tour to Lake Garda in April 2014. My room was infested with ants/formiche/Ameisen. We had to complain several times before I and my 2 friends were moved to another room. We couldn't eat the food (e.g. (zB.) black chicken/pollo nero/ schwarze Huhn). Most of the staff/personale/Personal - except the security and the woman in the bar but especially the manager/gesture - were rude/grob/scortese.

Avoid this place like the plague. Zu vermeiden wie die Pest. Di evitare come la peste.

James Kiley, Co. Waterford, Ireland

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Burgery

Travellers are raving about these Bussolengo hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I spend there one night. It is on great location near Verona and Gardaland. I liked the bar and restorante, but pool were closed. Hotel has wi-fi only on reception. It is a great place to come for a schooltrip on few days but I wouldn't come here with my familie for etc.

1 Thank Benjamin K
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Superbly located, very near to the city of Verona, Italy, the city of Romeo and Juliet. Very uniquely made. nice swimming pool, good view of valley from all the rooms. Their hospitality desk is very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jagdishjhanwar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was here with my girlfriend, in April 2013.
This hotel deserves minus points or rating or something, because it's so awful..From the beginning its located in the middle of nowhere..if you want to go to Verona in the night out, the only thing you can do is pay a taxi ,and it costs a lot, so if you dont have lots of money, you have no choice then to stay in hotel.
They have one bar, that is ok but a waitress didnt understand anything, and there is no store near the hotel, where you could buy drinks or food.
First day when we came, the first problem was that nobody knew english or german there. They listened us what we re saying to them but it's quite obvious that they didn't understand a word..We were there as a group of 30people with tourist agency, and when they gave us a room card, we went to the room and saw a naked german person LOL, with its family sitting on a bed..then we went down to the reception, and staff said that the room wasnt ready yet what is funny because how could it not be ready if we, our agency booked our room there?! They didnt even apologize, but they said that we can get ONE free glass of beer hahaha..i thought to myself they must be joking..and said to then, there is me, and my girlfriend, cant we get at least 2 glasses..but no..and the best part of it was when I went for my glass of beer, the person in the bar didnt knew a word of english..
When we finally got our room, the room was with 2 separate single beds,and we booked one large,and a tv in a room is so small and terrible, remainded me on tv in some 80s bar, hanging in the corner of a room.
If you dont want to experience what we ve experienced, dont go..its better to sleep on a bus stop in Verona..
Ive been in hotels and hostels and im not expecting i dont know what, but this is terrible..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Matej P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussolengo
Montresor Hotel Tower
#7 of 7 in Villafranca di Verona
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews
Poiano Resort Hotel
Villa Quaranta Tommasi Wine Hotel & SPA

Been to Hotel Centro Turistico Gardesano? Share your experiences!