“Great experience, great holiday”

Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Ulcinj
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Great experience, great holiday”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Visiting Ulcinj and staying at the hotel Mediteran was a great experience for me and my whole family as I was with my parents and 5 years old daughter. I would like to endorse a very good service starting from reception, restaurant, cleaning service, pool.. People are doing their job professionally and what I like the most - with a smile. Also what I liked a lot is a position of the hotel, it is close to the main street but also far enough from the all noise going on there. It was good for a night sleep, so I did't have to worry for my family. Just in five minutes you can be in a crowd of a main street but also in a quite of a pine forest. We had a room close to the pool what we liked a lot, with a view towards the old town. The breakfast was attractive, slightly different day by day, so every morning was kind of a surprise, will it be an interesting pie, donuts..
At the end, we have already started making a plan for the next year, knowing for sure where to stay and how to explore to see more of Ulcinj and Montenegro. There is just one suggestion, hope by time there will be a playing ground for children. What I really hope is that the hotel will gain at least one more star as it deserves for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Meliha M
AndreaSars64, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shkodër, Shkoder, Albania
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I past my last holidays there with my friends and everything it was perfect, the rooms the services, proximity to the town center, and the part that left me breathless was the sea view which I adore.My occupation is tourism manager and knows very well that when a host strukrure works properly to satisfy the requirements of tourists in this case one of them was even me, for that undoubtedly have congratulating staff of the hotel which is trained and qualified to work on this. Well done. And congratulating you have a tourist who will be faithful in the future...Hope more than one

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Anila318
Hotel_Mediteran, Front Office Manager at Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Anila,

Thanks for the great review and hurry back. It was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to staying in touch.

Tatjana
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed there for five nights with my wife on our second honeymoon. The director of sales had a bottle of champagne in our room when we arrived (she knew in advance the occasion) Staff very courteous and professional. Breakfast was attractive, abundant, and flavorfull though I would have liked more fresh fruit. Rooms were clean and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank tedoelfke
Hotel_Mediteran, Front Office Manager at Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Another great review!!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughtful experiences on TripAdvisor. We are honored to be considered one of the best hotels in Ulcinj, Monteengro

I am so delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the gracious and personalized service provided by our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Sincere

Gjakova, Kosovo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I adress this to owner of hotel who live in America and dont know what is hapening to his hotel
I with my family went to this hotel for six years two times a year.At the beggining everything was ok ,instead of some little things that we ignored.
But every year we were back it was worst and worst.This thanking to domestic leader of the hotel(MR Ibro) who I think is working to destroy the hotel.To speak with him is like speaking with gestapo officer who don't watch you in your eyes while he speaks.He make the prices how he like and every time try to steal you.
But what was the worst thing? When we complained about this time makinations to Mr Selatin he just smiled and say that he will talk about this with him .But nothing. We stopped our vacation in the middle and they didnt care about this.
This time the pool was green like the water for frogs, many of people get infections of eyes.
,the wireless worked 25% of time,the milk was suspicious,green salad with soil,sausages were boiled days ago and three persons from my family get diarrhea and womiting.
The staff are friendly and are afraid from the leader(when I ask them for the name of owner of hotel and his number they was afraid and didn't give me the name).
I will never go back in this hotel until MR Ibro is the manager there.This worth for ten other families who went every year there because i recommended them.
If I could get the number of the owner of the hotel I'd like to speak personally to him.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank harue2013
Mr Harue,

Thank you for being our guest for many years and I am truly saddened to hear about your recent experience. We have discussed your complaint with our team and owners and while we are grateful for your past stays and referrals, we are also puzzled that you insist to slander our hotel when in fact your actions were shameful and indignite. Your slanderish remarks fail to give TripAdvisor readers the full story, so I will elaborate.

Our team offered you a prefential rate for a 4 bedded room, then 2 days after the reservation was made you insisted on a 3 bedded room price on the awkward grounds of being patriotic and sharing the nationality.

Considering we already gave you a discount on room and board, you felt that the discount wasnt enough, so you claimed your children suffered illness for poor quality and demanded we credit the kids supplement charges. Our staff credited you the child food supplement in the hopes are diffusing the situation, but then you insisted to leave the hotel.

Our owners and managers are pleased to read feedback from its customers and we strive very hard to remedy issues, however in your case, we dont see that we did anything wrong and unfortunately our industry needs to deal with beligerent guests like you who are better off vacationing in their own country.

Best regards from Ulcinj.

Travellers are raving about these Ulcinj hotels

Dublin
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here on spec during a 2 week trip around Montenegro. We drove into Ulcinj and were prepared to stay anywhere reasonably close to beach at a decent price. Checked price at reception and were pleasantly surprise. It was early June so holiday season was only getting going. Stayed three nights. We were given a 2 bed apartment overlooking pool with sea view. These apartments were actually separate from the main hotel building which was an advantage as the views were better and rooms more private. Breakfast was served in the main building. The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and spacious, views were amazing. I think there was even free WiFi. Beach is 5-10 minute walk, although there are some steps/hills to negotiate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dominic377
Reviewed 22 May 2013

this hotel is the worst one...the pillows would be comfortable only for giraffes..omg...i couldn't sleep all night because it was so dirty and old...and yeaakkkk...and after all i paid 46€ that was too expensive for that hotel..it was so bad

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank n17722
Dear Guest,

Very sorry to hear about your stay and your complaints. Our staff has reviewed and made changes to the pillows. Surprisingly, this is the first complaint we have received regarding this matter and I assure you this issue has been fixed.

Regarding pricing, we work hard to very competitive and offer tredmedous value. Also, a majority of our guests do not have issues with pricing. Our guests expect great service, food and location and we are committed in fulfilling our promise.

We hope to see again in Ulcinj and if Hotel Mediteran is too expensive, the town offers a wide array of budget private accomodations that may suit your needs.

Good luck and best wishes.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

The hotel is really bad, first of all the pillows are not made for humans, you can not sleep in them because thay are too high and to hard its like puting your head in a brick, i slept only one night at Mediteran its too expensive for no reason at all, its dirty, old. When i went there the guy from the reception turned the water boiler on so i had to wait to shower for an houer, the water was brown. If you want a horror experience go to this hotel

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank So S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. The pillows were replaced and we have completed a full renovation of villa rooms in June 2013.

I could only assume you rented a room that wasnt renovated, hence the price reflected this fact.

Nonetheless, please accept our apologies and we welcome you to visit our newly renovated rooms. I am sure you will be impressed.

Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulcinj
Hotel Palata Venezia
#5 of 11 in Ulcinj
Apartments Tati
Apartments Tati
#1 of 11 in Ulcinj

Been to Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj? Share your experiences!