This is a nicely done piece of architecture, especially from the exterior. The creek passing through, the sky walks, the lawns, playground etc. were v.nice. We visited during summer, when the hotel is focused on family guests. So in principal. If you want peace and quiet, DO NOT visit the place in the high season. If you are travelling with kids, it’s a great option as they will have many friends to play with and I bet you will not be annoyed by seeing kids running around almost everywhere ;)
For the numerous pros:
- Very tasty breakfast and buffet dinners. Through the week the menu was changing and although there was usually once choice of fish, meat etc. we liked the selection provided
- Very nice swimming pool, again in the summer focused on kids, so it would be hard to swim for adults due to the kids playing around
- Crowded but visible only in the restaurant, as the hotel is actually a set of interconnected buildings we were positively surprised it was so quiet. Again, please ask for rooms away from the main corridors
- Good location if you plan to visit Jaworzyna Krynicka a few times (walking distance)
- Great staff, especially in the kids area
- Kid’s internal playrooms (there are 2) were great. I was dedicated to board games and had to PS3 with move options (actually good fun for the whole family)
- Nice spacious rooms (we had paid a bit extra for a junior, ideal for 2+2)
- Great idea with Kid’s hotel card game. Collecting points was a clever thing to do. My kids really liked the hotel and even bough the idea of the gummy juice ;) served in the lobby.
- Many daily activities planned for the kids. Unlike many hotels, here this is an almost kindergarden like service with a few memebrs of staff on duty all the time!
- Agree that the corridors and sky walks could have been better planned. The idea is grand but the corridor should be more direct. Unfortunately you might need a few elevator rides and walk even 5min to get to the restaurant. (in summer during nice weather, worth to go outside as it’s much quicker)
- Room service, more 3star, the rooms were cleaned, but not in detail. Once we did not get the water, once we did not get our robes back
- For a family hotel, lack of a pure cartoon channel is a small gap (but on the other hand there are better thigs to do)
- No kettle and tee/coffee in the room
- The award for the kids for getting all their stars was a bit dissappointing (lolly pop), yet the idea of the game is a 5 star one
To sum up, great, really great in the summer for families with kids. If you are couple looking for a SPA, run away as you will not find what you are looking for unless you love the presence of kids everywhere ;)
For those from abroad, the negative comments I noticed reffer to a period where the owner visited the hotel. He is known for lack of business ethics and overall lack of propriety so do not get distracted. Think of the great staff who is employed thanks to your visit, a bit less who get's most of the dollars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majestic location at the foothill of Jaworzyna Krynicka makes our hospitality complex a perfect place for a family holiday, as well as organization of conferences and banquets. We offer 236 comfortable, air-conditioned rooms and luxury suites, 3 restaurants and the largest conference center in the region, where we can organize events for groups up to 600 people. Our SPA & Wellness Center invites guests to take advantage of rejuvenating treatments, modern swimming pools, saunas, Jacuzzi, fitness club, yoga room and the kids' club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.