We stayed in this hotel for 10 nights. I am quite hard to please and because we always stay in 5 star hotels, I expect a lot. I believe if you are paying this sort of money (£6000) you should definitely get the best.
Lets start with the very positive things
- breakfast- very very nice... would consider that 5 star. only if you staying for as long as we stayed you would welcome a bit of variety which you won't get as every day you have the same stuff.
- garden - fantastic, loved the frog sounds in the evening
-dinner - did vary... some nights we loved our food some night it was ok... Portions are tiny, sometimes your main would look like a starter :)
-beach- it says private beach... but... it is shared with another hotel and there always was some local people... one side of the beach is private.
-beach stuff- extremely helpful
-restaurant stuff- very helpful but poor english which often leads to misunderstanding on orders...
- classy customers- not noisy kids, people reading books and know how to behave to do not disturb others
- beautiful fruit cocktails in the bar next to the spa
more evening entertainment
- sometimes it felt too quite, would appreciate every other night some decent singer or piano play
- overpriced (especially minibar - mini cadbury chocolate for e5) positive news were cocktails prices which was only for e7,5
- bad area outside hotel... imagine sort of graffiti and block of flats. If you do not want to discover places around its not a problem.
- hotel room- you would get bottle of water for bedroom only on arrival, won't be free every day.
- lunch - my husband get food poisoned ofter beef burger which was undercooked
I was so annoyed when I ordered salad for lunch and I had on my plate everything from the breakfast bar!!! The same ham, same fruit, not excellently presented for e13 !
Over all experience... we had a nice time off, weather was fantastic but I am afraid this would not be the place we will return to.
Recommendation? From all reviews bellow, I believe it would be better experience to stay for short stay only. As long stay could be quite stereotype.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 50 kilometres from Faro airport (FAO, ALgarve - Portugal), the Blue&Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort is a lakeside haven of style, comfort and exclusivity. As you gaze out and enjoy the setting you will realize the resort’s true essence and magic. This is a fascinating place where every detail has been designed for your wellbeing. Located on the Praia das Gaivotas cliff overlooking the sea, with a 12-hectare area consisting mainly of magnificent gardens, the Resort has 100 junior suites, 11 suites and 13 apartments. The low-rise architecture is marked by soft lines and colours and appears to have been inspired by Gaudi. It includes one restaurant of Portuguese cuisine and gourmet, low-calorie menus, and another with theme dinners and barbecues. It also features six outdoor pools of fresh and sea water and one of its main trademark images: the Thalassotherapy and Spa Center, the first in Portugal and one of the most respected in the world. soft lines and colours and appears to have been inspired by Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Hotel Porches
- Blue And Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort
- Vilalara Thalassa Hotel
- Sofitel Armacao De Pera
- Vilalara Thalassa Porches
- Sofitel Thalassa Vilalara
- Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort Algarve, Portugal - Porches