We arrived at the Terrace club in the small hours of the morning only to find the front desk closed but with an envelope with are keys and directions to are apartment, we ask for a pool facing pool one but ended up with a dingy basement one with no tea/coffee making stuff, a old telly which didn't work and no air conditioning not impressed!
We went to the front desk first thing and asked to be moved, which they were happy do so and ended up with 4 floor sea view apartment which was light years better and felt a lot happier.
Had a flat screen TV although still a lack of channels to chose from and only one English, Coffee machine which you can also use to boil water for tea, no oven though just a hub and microwave.
The hotel is just a short walk from a few lovely beachs although bit of a up hill slog back to the hotel! also a short walk, up hill again to a few Restaurants, for more chose however you need to take a taxi ride (approx.5 euros) down to the main town Armacao de Pera where you will find lots of nice Restaurants including some excellent deals (look out for tourist menu 12 euros for 3 course including beer or soft drink and tea or coffee!) also find nice British pub Water dog with footie good bar food.
Lots of nice long sandy beachs here to, oh and we can highly recommend the Restaurant next to the Water dog (can't remember its name) which does lovely big ice cream deserts and cocktails indeed!
If you don't just want to stay on the beach you can book trips to a number of places including day trips to Lisbon and even Gibraltar, we did both but be warned they are both long old pokes, Lisbon 640am, later is 6 hours 540am and both back at about 10:30 pm and you get 5 hours in Gib well worth it though just to see the monkeys!
we had Breakfast included in are deal have to say it was a very basic and got quite boring by the end, as it never changed!
To sum up, if you want a quite value for money hotel Then Terrace would be fine, although make sure you book a sea view apartment!
The hotel it's self needs to modernize some of its apartment and have standard equipment in all of them!
if you want a bit more action you might want to think about some where like Albufeira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Club is located along of one the most beautiful stretches of the Portuguese coastline, nearby the fantastic scenery of Senhora da Rocha beach, one of the most beautiful beachs in the Algarve, where nature offers unique scenarios with amazing cliffs and fabulous sea cave. The calm, warm and clear waters provides you with a good opportunity for the practice of water sky, windsurf, sailing, deep sea diving or a pleasant boat trip.We have at your disposal 185 apartments with kitchen, balcony, individual heating services, satellite television, telephone and security safe.Spacious, elegantly decorated and well equiped in order that your holiday activities are made easier. All information requested are given swiftly and pleasantly. Details make the difference... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and LoveHolidays so you can book your Terrace Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Club Hotel Porches
- Terrace Hotel Porches
- Terrace Club Algarve, Portugal - Porches