Stayed here from the 9th-16th Oct 2013 in a self catering studio apartment. It was a very pleasant surprise when we arrived. Very clean and spacious and the sofa beds were already made up for us. Didn't expect that at all as we were led to believe you have to make them up yourselves.This was a very welcoming sight after arriving at nearly 11 o clock at night and they were also very comfortable as well.The following morning found there wasn't a kettle and the microwave didn't work, but fear not hubby went to the reception which was next door to us, to let them know and within 5 minutes they had brought us another microwave and a kettle. We have stayed all over the world in different hotels etc and have never ever had service like this before. Well done to the staff at the Terrace Club!! We had a studio apartment next the reception which is on the west side, very quiet even though next to the reception and a glorious view in the evening from the balcony of the wonderful sunsets. All the studio apartments are on the ground which is ideal if you have trouble climbing or have to struggle with a pram as there aren't any lifts to the apartments above.The area is very quiet but very beautiful, about a 10 minute walk to the most beautiful little beach I've ever seen. Very steep steps and paths to walk down so no good if bad at walking. Two lovely stray labradors that live in the grounds of the hotel befriended us and took us to these lovely beaches.
There is not much nightlife in the area so best to go Albufeira and other local places. They are about 35 minutes by car, bus or taxi, but I recommend The Old Town of Albufeira. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel but we didn't try them as we were self catering. The local supermarket is about a 15 minute walk away or 2 minutes by car or taxi. So if you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday with beautiful scenery, then this is the place to be. We enjoyed it that much we've booked again at the end of April 2014 with friends. Bon Voyage everyone!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Club is located along of one the most beautiful stretches of the Portuguese coastline, nearby the fantastic scenery of Senhora da Rocha beach, one of the most beautiful beachs in the Algarve, where nature offers unique scenarios with amazing cliffs and fabulous sea cave. The calm, warm and clear waters provides you with a good opportunity for the practice of water sky, windsurf, sailing, deep sea diving or a pleasant boat trip. We have at your disposal 196 apartments with kitchen, balcony, individual heating services, satellite television, telephone and security safe. Spacious, elegantly decorated and well equiped in order that your holiday activities are made easier. All information requested are given swiftly and pleasantly. Details make the difference... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Be Smart Terrace Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Club Hotel Porches
- Terrace Hotel Porches
- Be Smart Terrace Algarve Portugal - Porches