1 hour from Faro airport, Porches is an apartment town therefore you wont be sad that is not in walking distance from the hotel. The first impression is the garden with fountains, palm trees, swans and ducks. The reception area with the bar, terrace is stylish and authentic at the same time, one can sit there for the whole vacation.
Room and bathroom were spacious, well arranged and colorfully furnished. Although insulation was not perfect we had well behaving neighbours. Amenities were of high quality. Cleanness never was a problem.
Breakfast was perfect with wide selection and high quality. Fresh fruits, juices, smoked salmon, cheeses, fresh pancakes among others. Being with a 4 year old we alternated between the Portugiese and the main restaurant. Both were excellent. We tried the Italian one for lunch, a bit less impressed. We are fans of Michelin starred restaurants but paying ca. 150 eur more plus fee for babysitting if you have impeccable food in the other restaurants seamed to be not reasonable for us therefore we had not tried that restaurant. Once we went to the beach restaurant just for a change but it is similar to the other two in the resort that are included in the half board price.
We recommend this hotel to families but not to couples as 90 % of guests were with children. It was a bit strange to see that the swans had larger pools than the humans but if you are not a serious swimmer it is OK. The garden is beautiful and huge, may be 1 sq km, very calm, relaxing, lush vegetation. Getting to the resort's own beach is a 5 minute walking, the beach has good and clean sand, nice cliffs and ready to service staff. Unfortunately the water was very cold even in July.
Our daughter is a fan of mini disco so we went for an organized disco for children. Many small girls dressed their fancy clothes just to be dissappointed to see two kind but not professional animators making some exercises in the clubhouse where other children were playing.
We had 10 perfect days in this resort, one of the best in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VILA VITA Parc celebrates the best of Portugal, immersing you in a luxurious and lush seaside oasis with every imaginable service, amenity, activity and pleasure. Portugal's finest five-star resort is the ultimate escape to a pampered world of personalized and diverse experiences, flavoured with Portuguese culture and hospitality. Endless views to the horizon blend with the luxuriant greenery of our gardens and the sparkling blue of the Atlantic Ocean, creating an extravagant display of vibrant colours and filling the air with the sounds and scents of sunny days at the beach. Your holiday destination VILA VITA Parc will not only meet, but exceed the highest expectations of the most discerning traveller. Set on 54 spectacular acres of lush, blooming subtropical gardens in front of a striking coastline, at VILA VITA Parc a choice of exquisitely appointed accommodations can be experienced, from rooms and suites to villas with terraces and ocean panoramas. Perched above the cliff top and located in various distinct buildings, each having its own character and architecture, the different accommodation types exude an air of sophisticated, refined luxury and are all surrounded by a spectacular park landscape offering breathtaking views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Vita Parc Resort And Spa
- Vila Vita Parc Porches
- Vila Vita Parc Portugal
- Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa Algarve, Portugal - Porches