Just returned from a week at the Be Live for our first family holiday with 2 young children. We stayed in a family suite, which was perfect as children shared a room and my wife and I had separate room we could relax in evening rather than stretch the children out and make them overtired. Hotel is immaculately clean, there always seems to be staff cleaning. Hotel run kids club is small but good for little ones with lots of fun activities. My toddler certainly enjoyed the activities and small room with toys as a break from the sun. Staff are generally extremely helpful and can't do enough for you. Food is delicious, varied and fresh, even vegetarians wouldn't tire of it. 24 hour snack bar v useful for children needing to top up! The children's pool area is ample for little ones and beaches are with 10/15 mins walk; bit steep on the way back with a buggy. Porches itself has very little to do in the evening, which didn't bother us as we stayed in the room/took it in turn to get drinks/ sit in lobby. However, families with older children or those wanting to go out in evening would find it boring as there is no nightlife.
Couple of drawbacks which resulted in a 4 rating rather than a 5:
1) room configuration had the main bedroom through a door off the hall, wife and I consequently slept on the camp bed rather than the main bed, which was comfortable enough, but this should db changed
2) we had a room just off the lobby and it can be v noisy at night. People not moderating their voices or letting over tired children run up and down the corridors was inconsiderate
3) 24hr reception did not always mean 24hr English speaking reception which was annoying for an international hotel
Overall though, highly recommended and we would go back (albeit on a higher floor) or to another hotel in this chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Palmeiras village is a recent new hotel resort, located in Alporchinhos, next to Porches, in the heart of the Algarve offering a wide range of services for adults and childrn in excellent facilities. Situated over the magnificent Praia da Senhora da Rocha, just 300 meters from the beach and with magnificent views over the Atlantic, you will find a very modern and cosy complex where you can enjoy the beach, the nature, good food and ambience that combines leisure, entertainment, relacation and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Be Live Family Palmeiras Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Family Palmeiras Village Algarve, Portugal - Porches