We stayed here for four nights over easter weekend. Upon arrival I was a little worried-the outside of the hotel screamed 1970's and I was wondering if I had a made a mistake, but the inside of the lobby looked normal and the inside of the room was charming and beachy. The room also had a balcony and a little kitchenette with microwave, mini fridge, sink and was stocked with plates, cups, utensils etc.
The hotel itself was perched on a cliff with great views and a short downhill walk to the beach. However it is far from from the town center. We had a car so it wasnt a problem and I believe the hotel also offers shuttles back and forth.
The hotel has a nice indoor and outdoor pool area and a gym, sauna and steam room. This place is a great family hotel. If you go with your significant other for a romantic trip it is okay, however be prepared for kids splashing you in the pool, running in and out of the steam room, screaming in the halls etc. I even was interuppted by a grandmother taking pictures of her 4 year old playing in the gym while i was trying to workout. If this would bug you-this hotel may not be for you. Nor would I recommened it for group of friends. That being said its a great family hotel-they have a kids club to entertain the children as well.
One really nice addition was that the staff somehow found out it was my husbands birthday and sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. A really nice touch! I was very impressed.
My only two small complaints were the wifi in the lobby was spotty and weird-you have to enter a password and you have a session that lasts 24 hours and then you have to ask for a new login and password the next day. The other one was that upon checkin we werent told that free breakfast was included. We found out halfway through the trip by accident and we able to get it the last two days of our four day stay. But really if you are going to offer a free breakfast-tell the hotel guests about it. Besides these two small things, our stay was quite pleasant. I'd return here....i might wait until I have kids though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Viking is a 4-star clifftop hotel in Porches-Armação de Pêra, in the Algarve, 2 minutes on foot from Senhora da Rocha beach. It is one of the most sought-after areas in the Algarve and local life is lively year round. The hotel is surrounded on three sides by grand gardens. Palm trees and green grass lead the way to the beach. The outdoor saltwater swimming pool is surrounded by exotic gardens that will help make your holiday unforgettable. The hotel also offers a wellness area with a heated indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath and gym, where you can relax and schedule your Magic Spa treatment. For dining and drinks, the Pestana Viking offers two restaurants and a bar. The rooms have views of the sea or the wonderful gardens, each equipped with Wi-Fi and a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pestana Viking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Viking Hotel Porches
- Hotel Pestana Viking
- Pestana Viking Algarve, Portugal - Porches