“gorgeous meal in relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Safari Restaurant

Safari Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“gorgeous meal in relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ate here to night. Had the most gorgeous home made tomato soup with croutons to die for. Followed by crab in a beautifully light tomatoey sauce. Staff lovely-efficient and friendly. Looks small from the front but lovely terrace with sea view at the back. Lovely eating experience.

• Visited July 2014

Shropshire
“Fresh food, lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across The Safari on our 1st night in P.D Rocha and glad we did! Fresh beautiful food: my husband had the bream, I had the prawn and monkfish kebab. Both meals were exceptional, so much so that we ate here twice more on a 7 day holiday! The setting is great as it's off the 'main strip'. Would highly recommend. And they were VERY busy on all 3 occasions-says it all. Everyone was leaving with a smile on their face!

Visited July 2014
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Pretentious ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My parent ordered off the set menu whilst I ordered my starter and main separately. My starter came out but my partners didn't for a further 10 mins. So we didn't eat these together. The mains came together, which I ordered peri peri chicken but there was no spice to it at all, it was also dry and completely disappointing. My partner had the safari curry and he loved it. Due to the disappointment of my main I was looking forward to looking at the desert menu except a waiter just came along and plonked my partners apple pie which was part of the 'set menu' down on the table so it was decided by Safari that I wouldn't be having a dessert! I know I didn't want your set menu but that didn't mean I didn't want a desert! I think the restaurant is pretentious and over priced, yeah the waiter pour your wine and waits for you to taste it before pouring the rest but they can't even serve two people their meals at the same time or offer a desert menu. There are much nicer restaurants on the strip.

St. John's, Canada
“Still delicious after 25 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Safari has been a firm favourite of mine for over two decades since I started going there with my family as a child and it's now our tradition to go there on our first night in the Algarve.

The tables on the patio offer superb views over the Praia do Rocha beach and the comings and goings of boats from the marina.

The staff are unfailingly polite and friendly and are happy to help you choose your meal.

On this visit, two of our group had melon with smoked ham and one had the homemade tomato soup to start. Both are simple dishes but are very fresh and tasty.

For the main course, 3 of us shared chicken curry 'safari style' and the other had the traditional Madeiran dish of sole and bananas. Safari's curry is one of my favourite dishes that I look forward to having every time I come to the Algarve. However many portions are ordered are served to the table in one pot with chicken on the bone that is extremely tender and succulent. The curry sauce is not especially spicy but is absolutely delicious.

We enjoyed cover for 4, 3 starters, 3 mains, 2 desserts, water for the table, 1 soft drink and a large beer for 76 euros before the tip.

• Visited July 2014
“Heritage restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times over nearly 20 years. There is a long time tradition of lovely stews etc in terracotta pots, among many various other dishes, and the level of service is high as always. Nice atmosphere, would recommend for a good (great) Portuguese meal.

• Visited April 2014