Bela Vista Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Jupiter Algarve Hotel(Praia da Rocha)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Avenida Praia(Praia da Rocha)
  • Beachfront
Hotel da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Edificio Cruzeiro(Praia da Rocha)
View Hotel
Clube Praia da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Santa Catarina(Praia da Rocha)
Residencial Sol(Portimao)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingtasting menurelais chateauxmichelin staroriginal buildingcomplimentary smoothiesbeautiful hotelamazing restaurantpool areaterrace overlooking the beachour honeymoondeluxe roomloved this hotellovely roomevery eveningthe cliffbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you are in the Algarve, stay at this hotel. Beautiful, rooms are so clean, the staff was so friendly and helpful, you won't go wrong. And a view of the beach. Restaurants and shops all within walking distance, it is a great location. Wish we could have stayed longer. Our group had a dinner in the restaurant one night, it was incredible, taste, presentation and the staff was incredible serving us.
Eat at the Safari Restaurant as well, about 5 min. walk from the hotel.... as well as many restaurants along the boardwalk on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank J A
Gonçalo N, Gerente at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. It was a great pleasure to welcome you here.
I will pass your comments on to the all team.

Many thanks in advance,

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited Bela Vista in October 2012 and felt that it was truly worth every penny.

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor, as we were impressed with the wonderful reviews and the hotel looked incredible. When looking on the website, we saw that they offered a long stay (5 days) package, as we wanted to stay for longer we emailed the hotel to ask if we could have the package twice and they were happy to assist.

On arrival, we noticed how impeccably clean the grounds and property was - I liked that we were gated from the main strip, the hotel had a feel of exclusivity because of this and we felt like we were getting a high class service from the beginning.

We arrived at reception to be informed that we had been upgraded free of charge to a deluxe room, which we were very grateful for. When asked for our passports, I realised that I had lost mine - the hotel were extremely helpful, calling the airport, the police and the coach company to see if they could find it; and when they couldn't, they advised where the British Embassy and the police station was located.

We were taken to the lounge to have a complimentary drink - our room wasn't ready until later. When we got in the room, which was in the garden house, we were very happy with the quality of the rooms, the decor and the service. We were brought our bottle of champagne as part of our package, to drink on the balcony.

The breakfast was fantastic, with pastries and eggs however you like them, plus fresh juice and even champagne (which I only discovered on the last day). They also had a buffet of cereal, cheese and hams etc. We were able to enjoy our breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine every morning. The staff were very attentive, the ambiance was very relaxing and it was always a great start to the day.

The pool area was very quiet and also relaxing - it was late in the year, so we were always able to get a sunbed. And in the afternoon, we were brought complimentary smoothies.

Every day our room was cleaned in the afternoon and every evening, the staff would come in, make our beds and pull the covers back ready for our return. They would also leave us treats each night.

When going to the beach, we were given a wicker basket with towels and water.

The area is great, it was busy enough for me and my boyfriend to be able to go our for a few drinks each night - some of the smaller bars are happy to make friends and love you to come back, including Boogie Bar and Bacchus (with Arthur and his Macaw). We went to the casino one night, which is quite small.

We had two evening meals included with our package - both were absolutely amazing. We tried the taster menu one night, which I would recommend.

I would also suggest going to the water park and to visit Portimao one day to enjoy the sardines.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a relaxing holiday ... it's unbelievable how the hotel manages to make you feel as if you are completely detached from the rest of Praia da Rocha - not set on the main strip. Very helpful staff, wonderful setting, fantastic views and a memorable service.

I actually do not think I could fault the hotel at all ... Oh wait, we never met Andre

Go and enjoy.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view in the garden house
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie D

Dear Guest,

It gave me great pleasure to read your review, I thank you so much and I am delighted to hear your beautiful comments and that you have enjoyed the hotel.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future. Please let me know if we can help you with future reservations or any other thing you may need.

Many thanks in advance,

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I hate hotels where the staff believe they are doing you a favour. This is a very pleasant place to stay and my only reservation was with the staff. Front desk was helpful and accommodating, but I found the breakfast service staffed by people lacking in politeness, frankly even sullen. The lunch we had was excellent and well served, just a pity one has to wake up to somewhat moody staff. Irritating to be spoilt by the staff, or rather not spoilt!!

Room Tip: 209 was the furthest away from the hotel and it felt like it, one could almost be in another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Gonçalo N, Gerente at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Guest,

At Bela Vista Hotel & SPA, we are continuously looking to improve our services, having therefore, appreciated the time you took to share your feedback with us. Your comments are of great value to us and will contribute to improve our service.

We regret to learn that overall we did not meet your expectations, for which we would like to present our sincere apologies. In the meantime, your comments were addressed to the respective management and will have our best attention in order to serve you better.

We truly hope you grant us another opportunity to welcome you back and to restore your confidence in our Property.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 27 April 2013

A tasteful, historical hotel in an excellent location above the main beach. It is therefore well situated for the bucket and spade holiday if you want to venture out from its sanctity. Plenty of good, well priced restaurants in the vicinity. We went at low season so it may be a different proposition in the height of summer. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was wonderful. The decor was interesting and different compared to the rest of what is on offer in the area. The only downside was that one could hear noise from the next room - thankfully they were quite quiet but maybe not next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica TP T

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Bela Vista Team, thank you for your great review.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-April. Everything from beginning to end was perfect! The hotel is really quite unique, from the absolutely goregous interior, the setting above the sea and beach with magnificient views from the pool area, the amazing restaurant to the spa! The location is the best on Praia da Rocha. The entire staff at the hotel could not have been sweeter or more professional! I was shocked to read by a previous reviewer that they called the breakfast 4 star! I have stayed at several 5 star hotels and never in my life have seen such a breakfast! It is true that the "buffet" inside does not change much - mostly fruits, cheese and cereal, but after you are seated they bring you a fresh basket of breads and pastries to your table (which change daily) as well as fresh jams and take your order for which type of eggs you would like including eggs benedict which was the best I have had. I will write a separate review for the Vista restaurant - we enjoyed two dinners here - definitely the best of our 8 night trip in Portugal and some of the best meals in our lives.

I have lived in Germany for over 3 years and twice a year have taken trips with my mother to 5 star hotels all over Europe - this was by far our favorite trip and it was really due to this magnificient hotel and staff! I can not say enough positive remarks about the Bela Vista.

Thanks Bela Vista Team!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank HillaryReid87

Dear Guest,

It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations and we did it!

Many thanks for such a great feedback.

Best Regards,