“Absolute paradise”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Praia da Rocha
Scotland
“Absolute paradise”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have just returned from a week in the Bela Vista. We used the spa this time and it was amazing. This place is not only a first class hotel, it's a place that totally relaxes you in every way imaginable. The staff are fantastic and polite, nothing is a bother and they are never too busy to advise with anything you ask of them. They are so nice and helpful. I don't think I ever saw any staff member stand still nor did I ever see anybody sit down. The food was wonderful and the drinks as exciting as you wanted. They all had a permanent smile even the manager ( who I saw fix a cushion that was slightly of centre and move 2 glasses from a newly vacated table) He was ever so helpful and emaculately dressed. What a pleasure it was to stay. I shall return again without a doubt

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank jan g
Gonçalo N, General Manager at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for such a brilliant review.

We are all very proud and happy that you enjoyed your stay with. It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations and after read your review, I strogly believe we did it.

This kind of reviews give us proud to keep doing a good work.

Many thanks from all the team and we all hope to welcome you very soon.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
kent
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Bela Vista for 5 nights recently. Upon entering the gates you feel completely relaxed! Check in was dealt with swiftly & professionally. We were seated & provided with a welcome pot of tea & then we went to our suite. This was situated in the garden area of the Hotel. The views are amazing beautiful long stretch of sandy beach & a lounge area & separate bedroom beautiful decor & spacious. Large double balcony with plenty of seating & loungers. We ate in the vista restaurant on 1 occasion divine food. Breakfast was lovely outside on the terrace We had massages & facials in the spa which were fantastic!! Overall this hotel is true five star. All the staff are friendly & attentive. Debra who served our breakfast & lunch a true asset & pedro in the spa. Will without a doubt return to this haven of peace & tranquility.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank angela064
Gonçalo N, Gerente geral at Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for this excelent review.
It is the reflex of our work as our main goal is to reach and exceed our guest expectations.

We will keep doing othe best we can and we also really hope to welcome you at the Bela Vista in the near future.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just came back from Portugal for our mid term break. Stayed in Bela Vista for the second time and all I can say is that we loved it even more! Excellent personalised service, divine restaurant and a SPA with some of the best products you can get! I found the staff really helpful and nice with attention to detail. The beautiful and elegant decor stands out. Thanks Bela Vista!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhilipBrown
Dear Guest,

We would like to thanks you for such a great review.
We are proud as it was your second time at the hotel and you have seen the improvments we are doing on the daily basis.

We all would like to welcome you at the Bela Vista for your third visit in the near future.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We took a short autumn break at this lovely hotel in October 2013. What a tonic it was! Yes, we were blessed with sunny weather - but this was a wonderful place in which to enjoy it. The hotel has been beautifully re-styled and our sea-view suite was wonderfully appointed, although the TV proved a little difficult to get going some nights. The staff are pleasant and helpful, and the restaurant thoroughly deserves its Michelin stars. The location, right on Praia da Rocha beach, is well placed for lovely beach walks which, at this time of year, are easy to do, the beach being relatively empty. The pool area is relaxing and at times we had it almost to ourselves. Didn't try the spa as the weather was so good - the fitness centre is very small however, with only a few treadmills and one bike. The hotel is situated about 20 minutes' walk from the centre of Portimao but also within walking distance of the marina. There are other restaurants and plenty of bars within easy walking distance but the Bela Vista is a civilised oasis of calm! Go there if this is the sort of thing you like! We certainly will try to do so again. Thank you Bela Vista staff for a lovely half-term break for an exhausted teacher!

Room Tip: Cannot fault the seaview suite - room 216. Not sure how the other rooms compare.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Anne D
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Two months have passed by since we returned from Portimao and it is almost snowing here in Moscow – but the memories of this blissful place still keep me warm and make me smile. I have divided my review on several parts for ease of use and navigation and I do hope it will be helpful for you discerning travelers and inspire someone to make an unforgettable choice.

1. Reservation and pre-arrival communication.
I first saw this hotel on Relais & Chateaux website and from that moment on I knew I FOUND IT. Reservation process was smooth and swift and the same should be said about communication with the hotel – all my questions concerning rooms choice, transfer arrangement, etc. were answered with an hour maximum and I must admit added to my first positive impression of the hotel.
Seven days prior to our arrival we received a pre-stay e-mail advising that our arrival was approaching and suggesting that the hotel staff could assist us with restaurants reservations, SPA appointment and other special arrangements which we thought was a nice touch (and actually made a good use of it!)))
2. Arrival and check-in.
This place gives you a truly luxurious and unique feel the moment you pass the gates. It is located over the amazingly turquoise waters of Praia da Rocha and so sweetly combine traditional and contemporary, local and global.
The check-in was swift though we arrived about 3 hours earlier the standard check-in time. The staff was efficient, nice and hospital and treated us with welcoming drinks while they took good care of all check-in formalities.
3. Room.
We had a wonderful Deluxe Room located in the Garden House (new building) and having a wonderful, uninterrupted view of the ocean. We loved having pre-dinner drinks on our terrace looking the sun going down and people coming back from the beach. Our evenings on that terrace is actually one of my brightest memories of Bela Vista and if you are still hesitating which room to book – go ahead with a Deluxe Room and ask the staff to provide you with the one having a terrace.
As far as the room itself, it was very beautifully designed with the cheerful blue, white and red as the dominating colors. The bathroom was well-sized having a small window with a direct view on the ocean and equipped with L’Occitane Verbena line toiletries which my husband is a total fan of :))
4. Breakfasts, restaurant & bar.
Every morning I promised myself stop eating (“You will add on at least 250 kilos, hippo!!!”) (***and drinking***))), but I simply could not as the food they offer is second to none. On mornings they boast a buffet with a generous selection of cheeses, meats, cereals, yogurts, fruits, bakery and sparkling wine. If you want to go for something hot (eggs, cereals, pancakes, etc.), they have a special “hot” menu for that. Scrambled eggs with salmon are highly recommended as well as lazy gourmet afternoons by the pool – someone could say the lunch menu is limited, but you could be sure anything served would be of the best quality and taste. And my personal special thanks here should go to Markus – the barmen and waiter who made the best, unbelievable Frozen Passion Fruit Margarita and Sparkling Wine Sangria and gave us the best gourmet recommendations on the shore.
The dinner at VISTA restaurant is a must with the sweeping, uninterrupted views over the oceans, seagulls screaming over your head, creative cuisine and a wonderful wine selection. Be sure to book a table on the terrace!
5. Beach.
You are in three-minutes walk for the Praia da Rocha beach and I must admit I do not remember myself so desperately rushing into waves since I was 12-years-old. The ocean was fun and total madness and I was so happy feeling on the same page (***wave***))) with my 5-years-old daughter :)
6. SPA.
If you have time, treat yourself to a SPA experience. Choose from tens of treatments the one which feels right for you and divine into total relaxation and bliss. One day I had a facial procedure and the lady making it was so professional and relaxing, the only thing I wanted after the procedure is nothing, but bring her to Moscow.
7. People.
No matter what I wrote above, my review of Bela Vista Hotel & SPA would not be full without special thanks to be said about the staff – the people who work at the hotel and made our experience so unique and never-to-forget – the ladies who made up our room every morning and evening, the people who cooked and served us breakfast, lunches and gourmet dinners, the pool bar staff, the front desk people and even the people we never saw, but still they were there to make our vacations perfect. THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SOON IN PORTIMAO!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
16 Thank Olga_Perevertova
Portola valley Ca
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel and wonderful staff. Marvelous breakfasts. Dramatic views. Our only recommendation would be more food options for dinner...the restaurant is extremely expensive (the food was great) and local options are otherwise limited. We can't imagine a better place in coastal Portugal.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cmotzkin
UK
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here late october and had a fantastic few days. Relaxed but efficient staff, good food, great room. Right on beach, nice pool area and grounds. Parking is 5€ which seems a bit pointless considering the cost of the rooms but that's the only niggle. Watch out for Seagulls at Breakfast!

Room Tip: Modern block rooms are good, not huge but well sorted. Brilliant showers.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 20 in Praia da Rocha
Hotel Oriental
Hotel Oriental
#4 of 20 in Praia da Rocha

Been to Bela Vista Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!