Background: Portimão was the last stop on our week long journey down the coast of Portugal. We drove from Lisboa. We stayed at Bela Vista for two nights, relaxed at the beach and pool during the day, visited the spa for a massage, and then dined both evenings at the hotel restaurant. Our room was in the historic, main house ("character room").
-simply beautiful inside the main house and restaurant (azulejo tile detail, modern furnishing, bright and vibrant colors)
-rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable, and quiet (we slept so well!)
-relatively small so you feel like you are getting star treatment from staff
-romantic, perfect for couples
-although I'm fluent in Portuguese, I'm a little rusty from lack of practice and the staff were very kind and patient with me
Location: Excellent, excellent, excellent
-you visit Portimão for the beach, Praia da Rocha, which is right in front of the hotel. The hotel is slightly above the beach so you feel like you are away from it all but, on the other hand, you are just a five minute walk down to the beach front and boardwalk.
-you can rent lounge chairs and an umbrella down on the beach for 12 euro/day (the hotel has a deal with the company) and your spot is reserved all day so you can come and go as you wish
-easy walking distance to the touristy shops, restaurants, bars
-sea views from all around
-upon check-in you are given a refreshing welcome drink
-free, fast wifi in room
-breakfast included (must select B&B rate) and is quite excellent, not to mention you can sit on the terrace and soak in the sun and sea views
-halfboard rates available
-the spa is located on the hotel grounds
-no fitness center, but you wouldn't want one for this type of hotel anyway. Take a run down the boardwalk and out to the lighthouse for gorgeous views of the beach/city.
-pool with lounge chairs and covered beds (first come, first serve), DJ and poolside bar
-an iron is available for guest use free of charge
-hotel restaurant (Vista Restaurante) offers a la carte gourmet experiences as well as a tasting menu, reservations recommended, desserts are INCREDIBLE! As noted previously, the menu is the same most evenings
-parking 5 euro/day (cheapest we paid in Portugal)
Overall: We have no complaints with this hotel, everything went smoothly and we felt utterly relaxed during our stay. It was the perfect end to our Portuguese adventure and we hope to return to Bela Vista and the beautiful country of Portugal again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Bela Vista has been completely renovated and it's now a 5 star Boutique Hotel with 38 rooms. The restaurant has a unique view and fantastic food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bela Vista Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bela Vista - Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Bela Vista - Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Bela Vista Hotel & Spa Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve