Just arrived back from a fabulous 5 night stay at the Bela Vista. I went with a friend to have a relaxed, chilled out time somewhere gorgeous and this place ticked all the boxes.
From the moment we arrived we were overwhelmed by just how gorgeous this little haven is. You turn off the busy touristy promenade and from the second you enter the main gates you enter a haven of peace! As an aside, for those who criticised the location, I think it is rather unfair to blame the hotel. Yes, it is a little tacky, but there are some very nice restaurants if you don't want to jump in a cab (F and Dockside both lovely), but if you are happy to hop in a cab, Alvors is only a 10 minute ride away with some fabulous restaurants (Canico in the cliffs and Alota to name just two…both recommended by the hotel).
On arrival we were treated like princesses! Handed a drink whilst we checked in and then shown to our stunning room in the new part of the hotel with views to die for. We were in room 204 which was fabulous. Flat screen TV, large bathroom, L'Occitaine products, loads of cupboard and drawer space, possibly the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, modern blue/ white and red decor, great bathroom and powerful shower over bath..really could not ask for more.
We ran along the beach promenade every day, swum laps in the pool, relaxed on sun loungers with the thickest cushions on. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. No generic buffet here but a basket of freshly baked cakes and pastries brought to your table, a jug of fresh orange juice, a little shot glass taster of the smoothie of the day, and fabulous eggs brought to you (amazing scrambled eggs and smoked salmon). Inside you can help yourself to champagne, fresh fruits and seeds (including goji berries!), cold meats etc Staff bend over backwards to welcome you and offer a completely personalised service. We even made friends with Matilda, the resident seagull!
Poolside staff bring over a smoothie every morning and fruit kebab in the afternoon. Cocktails are fabulous and the beach stunning. We did not sit on the beach but had several lunches in the many many restaurants dotted along the promenade and long walks along the seafront.
Honestly, I could not fault this place…and I will be coming back :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Bela Vista has been completely renovated and it's now a 5 star Boutique Hotel with 38 rooms. The restaurant has a unique view and fantastic food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Prestigia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bela Vista Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bela Vista - Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Bela Vista - Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Bela Vista Hotel & Spa Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve