“Awesome!”

Humberto's Restaurante
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Grilled Steaks, Kebab, Iberian Pork, Fish, Cataplanas, Seafood, Tapas, Rice-Casserole Wine-Bar, Snacks. Grelhados, Nacos de vitelao, Espetadas, Porco Preto, Peixe, Cataplanas, Marisco, Tapas, Arroz de Marisco, Bar de Vinhos, Snacks Near viewpoint (Miradouro) of Praia da Rocha , Near of gypsy market of Praia da Rocha.... Google maps (Humbertos Restaurante Praia da Rocha). Ponto de referencia (Chegue ao Miradouro) siga no calcadao direcao Hotel Luar 100 mts a sua direita....Google maps (Humbertos Restaurante Praia da Rocha)
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Had the rib eye steak was one of the best steaks i ever had, melted in your mouth, best steaks n praia da rocha, tried a few places but nothing could get next or near humbertos, staff very friendly and service was very quick even though restaurant was almost full! D waiter even asked me to cut steak to see if was cooked to my liking,a first for me!

humbertos R, Owner at Humberto's Restaurante, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Your review its very important for us.  we hope see you soon and the best for you and family

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cape Town, South Africa
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We saw this restaurant when we were walking around Praia da Rocha from our hotel and saw they had a daily special (5.50 Euro for a meal), this obviously got us intrigued so we went to go look at the menu. You can choose from the daily special which is one specified meal or you could choose from about 5 other dishes that were always on this special and didn't depend on the day you went there.

I ordered the Fish while my boyfriend ordered the Portuguese-styled chicken. My fish was absolutely amazing while the chicken was dry and overcooked. They also need to work on their snap peas which are TOTALLY soggy and overcooked.

We saw that the special the next day was pork ribs so we got super excited as the waitress raved about these so we decided to come back and try again. They had sold out of the special so we were so disappointed and had to order something else on the menu. We both tried the grilled pork, which once again was hard and overcooked and yes, again the snap peas were soggy. I did not finish my meal even though I had come hungry

Maybe that is the way they like their food in Praia da Rocha, but for anyone who doesn't like overcooked food, I wouldn't recommend the chicken or grilled pork

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank EmBSouthAfrica
Your review its very important for us.  we hope see you soon (please when you order say how will you like cook your meat,,,,, for traditional pork is well done))....and the best for you and family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“perfect food and service every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ate here 3 nights out of 6 while we were in praia da rocha and I think that says it all. We first went here because we fancied the set menu and we were not disappointed, it was only 9.50 each so we weren't expecting the brilliant quality we got, I had seafood salad to start, fish fillet with seafood sauce as main (I wasn't expecting much as it was simply called fish but I was very pleasantly surprised when I was told it was halibut) and fruit salad for pudding, the OH had seafood cocktail, Portuguese style chicken and creme caramel. I would mention that the seafood in the set menu is not as high a quality as from the main menu but for what you pay you can't expect it to be.

While we were there we noticed how great the steaks looked so chose to go back the next night for a steak, we had a fish soup and a flambeed chorizo, both were gorgeous! With the steak you choose the cut you want and then the sauce you want so it's exactly to your personal preference, they were top quality cuts of meat (they even have a few pages about the cattle in the menu so you're ensured of the quality) and cooked to perfection, they even ask you to cut the steak in front of them so if it's not to your liking they can take it back. I would definitely recommend Humberto's if you fancy a steak in praia da rocha, it wasn't expensive either.

Another night we fancied trying cataplana and after looking at many restaurants in portimao and praia da rocha we actually ended up going to humbertos again because it sounded the nicest, once again it was an absolutely delicious meal at a really good price.

I would go back to praia da rocha just to eat at humbertos, one of my favourite restaurants ever, due to the fabulous food and the friendly, personal service, can not praise it enough!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank EllieJD1995
humbertos R, Owner at Humberto's Restaurante, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Your review its very important for us. we hope see you soon and the best for you and family
Laoise
“Love humbertos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Eat here all the time when were in praia da rocha Greg and his staff always give us a lovely welcome his steaks are the best and fish kebabs are excellent to give it a try you won't be sorry

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Barbaramark50
“Best steak in Praia da rocha!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Nice little place its not the fanciest or cheapest in PDR but, they do have a set 3course menu for 8.90 euro and "dish if the day" for 5.90. Unfortunately the choice of starters on the set menu and dish of the day were not fir us so we ordered from main menu. I had mixed kebab which was nice and hubby had fillet steak which he said was the best he'd had all week (he already had it in 3 other restaurants in pdr) both dishes came with chips and veggies, I would have preferred to be given a choice of side options but maybe if I asked they would have accommodated? The bill cones with a shot of homemade "fire water" or sweet dessert wine, overall we had a lovely meal which came to 35euro with beer and tip, when we left ppl were queuing outside waiting to be seated!

1 Thank Djeobrien
humbertos R, Owner at Humberto's Restaurante, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Your review its very important for us....., I would have preferred to be given a choice of side options but maybe if I asked they would have accommodated?... yes.... Thank for you review.... See you soon and the best for you and family