Hotel da Rocha
Bela Vista Hotel & Spa(Praia da Rocha)
US$414
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Luar(Praia da Rocha)
US$71
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Jardim do Vau(Praia da Rocha)
US$96
  • Pool
Plaza Real Atlantichotels(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$48
Santa Catarina(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
Flamingo Residence(Praia da Rocha)
US$40
US$37
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Jardins da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$51
  • Pool
Jupiter Algarve Hotel(Praia da Rocha)
US$125
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Smartline Club Amarilis(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
US$42
US$41
Orbitz.com
1,134 results
All reviewsgreat hotelacross the roadsea viewmassive bedmodern hotelmini barflat screensister hotelsteep slopesitting areabeach holidaytaxi rankbeautiful beachperfect locationbars and restaurantshalf boardfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I booked a room on the website trivago which brought me to a site called clever hotels.com. I wanted the best of the best as it was a special occasion and it told me the premium room was the best one to choose. It was more expensive than duluxe which obviously meant it was the best room!... The the thing was annoyed me the most was when I rang to confirm our room on the 8th floor(as i read previous reviews only to book 8th floor!) the man on the phone assured us everything was fine and he GUARANTEED us a room on the top floor. However, when we arrived at the hotel a lady with red glasses was so rude and would not put us in the room we requested and paid for! She said the hotel was fully booked and the only room they had was 2nd floor but it was really only partial sea view. Our room was a twin room with 2 beds pushed together which I just hate. It's so uncomfortable and for such a nice hotel it's a shame to put a couple in a twin room! We think she did it on purpose. When we complained she got aggressive and arrogant. We travel Alot and it's always important to have friendly staff In reception. We got dumped in a bad room even though I paid top price. It was so noisy especially at night and there was no iron in the room. I feel like I should have gotten a refund for the actual price I should have paid. It is a stunning hotel but they just seem to rip off the people who pay top price. Will never return and would recommend to pay for standard room and then upgrade in reception instead of the other way around!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank shadow045
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel da Rocha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we take all comments very serious and use them to improve our services on a daily basis. In order to investigate further I would appreciate if you could contact me on - cheferecepcao@hoteldarocha.com.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We arrived at this hotel and found ourselves in awe at its beauty. We got to our room and it was modern, shiny, spotless. The beds were so comfortable. We stayed in a Junior Suite with Frontal Ocean View (Room 101). Bathrooms are big and the hotel provide clean towels every day. Rooms are cleaned everyday. Staff are unbelievably friendly, & helpful Special Mention for Ricardo & Carlos on reception both very genuine and nice people. If you find yourself stuck for toothbrushes, toothpaste etc call to reception and they are willing to provide you with these. Breakfast is an experience, a great selection of food's and a chance to meet other residents of the hotel. If you find any of the food is gone or there is no forks, plates etc on tables just mention to the staff and they get what you need. Pool area is nice and not over busy. Bar is great, lovely cocktails and friendly service. Location of Hotel Is Great and close by to everything. Overall this Hotel gave an experience that you would pay hundreds more for in other locations. Cannot fault anything about it and would recommend to any visitors to the resort, Thank you to all staff Hotel Da Rocha. Will Definitely Be Back.

Room Tip: Rooms With a frontal ocean view offer exceptional & breath taking views.
2  Thank Anthony E

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Rocha Hotel Apartment. I am absolutely delighted that you loved your stay and it is a true pleasure to read your comments of the entire team which is always working hard on exceeding all our guests expectations. It is good to hear that we managed to do so during your stay.
Rest assured that I will pass on the feedback to all the team members and in particular to Ricardo and Carlos. Thank you again for your comments and the entire team very much looks forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel for a 5 night stay we were given an upgrade. The room was the biggest hotel room we have ever had. The bed was massive! There was a lounge area which had a sink, fridge, coffee maker, microwave and a tv. The bed area also had a tv which had plenty of English channels, the most I have ever seen in a hotel abroad. The room had a lovely balcony facing the beach. The only thing I didnt like about the room were no bathrobes.
There was plenty of choice at breakfast. There are only a few tables outside so get there early to sit outside.
The reception staff were very helpful in answering our questions of places to go.
If we go back I wouldnt dream of booking anywhere else but this hotel.

Room Tip: Worth the extra to get a sea facing room.
1  Thank Mrs B

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Rocha Hotel Apartment and I do very much appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor.
I’m glad to read that you were impressed with the facilities as well as the professionalism of our team members. we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Rocha Hotel Apartment again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lovely modern hotel with a great location overlooking the beach. Staff were very friendly and the hotel and bedrooms spotless. There was always a great selection of hot and cold foods for breakfast which satisfied my needs and the waiters were very friendly.
Tip take a travel kettle if you like to make your own tea and coffee, bedrooms have cooking facilities but no pots or pans to cook with.
Overall a very clean hotel with polite charming staff, I would certainly stay here again.

3  Thank BigSlimJim
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel da Rocha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for choosing the Rocha Hotel Apartament for your stay and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you were impressed with our team members and all the facilities
Again, we thank you for your feedback and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Rocha Hotel Apartament soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have just got from a week long stay in the fabulous Algarve. Check in was so quick and the reception staff very pleasant. The location of the hotel is perfect. The room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. The staff are exceptionally pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. The beach is only a few minutes walk away. Special mention for the beach restaurant Nauticos at the right end of the beach in front of the hotel. Fabulous service and the only spot I think that provides a beach service so you never have to get off the lounger! . The only downsides of the hotel were the pool which, as other reviewers have stated, is poorly situated and a bit on the small side so we only used it once, and the lack of atmosphere in the cafe/bar in the evenings. All in all a great hotel and we would most certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less noise from passers by on the street below.
1  Thank Happywandering926

We are thrilled to hear how impressed you were with your recent stay at the Rocha Hotel Apartament. Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you appreciated the level of service you receveid during your stay.
Moreover we are so pleased to hear that you are planning to come back. we will be waiting for your return.