arrived 20/07/13 paid £3500 for entire holiday,2 adults and 3 kids aged 15,16,18 , due to leave 30/07/13, 1st impressions where good as other reviews have said like the apt size,air con and facilities etc.the only main flaw in that dept was cleanliness in rooms and pool area very poor.
but what happened on day 4 and from then on was not only unbelievable but truly shocking and has put so much stress on our whole family , on the morning of day 4, I was on balcony from 7.30 am, enjoying the sunrise and coffee, my partner joined me at 9am and we then left the apt and went for breakfast and lay at the pool, the children came down and spoke to us at 11 am and said they where going to the beach , I went up to the room at approx. 11.40am used my key to unlock the door and went in everything seemed normal until I went up to the main room where the safety deposit box was located , to my shock it had been forced from the wall and smashed open ,1800 euro cash,5 passports,my partners purse with bank and credit cards driving licence etc,and all travel and insurance documents taken. nothing else had been touched kindles,phones,my wallet in my jean pocket on chair still there thank god . at 1st the hotel staff helped ,they phoned the police etc , they arrived 25 mins later and took details , fingerprints etc. A staff member took us to the british consulate to get new passports which are temporary to get u home and cost 580 euro.The next day we went back to consulate as a party of 5 , spent 4 hours to get our new passports , they advised us to make a complaint in the hotel complaint book and ask about their safe insurance etc. So we started to ask these questions to the manager and also about checking cctv , when we started to ask these questions after our shocking and stressfull experience what came next was the biggest shock of all,the manager told us we had caused her 3 days of hell,and cause we told a few guests what happened to us so they could take extra care with security,the manager also told my partner we came here to cause trouble she phoned the police and we where told to get out totally unreal we where all in shock and very emotional.we did get to fill in the complaint book which the manager obviously didn't want us to do and we will be sending this to the relative authorities with a cover letter . we had to pay a further £260 to move accommodation plus a transfer and my partners brother had to send us £1500 to survive the rest of our Holiday from Hell
We also noticed that the upstairs doors in the rooms looked like they where locked but didn't and in fact when we asked to move into another room cause the children felt uncomfortable a maintenance man had to repair one of the same door locks,the rooms where 115,114
A truly shocking time at this hotel !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Real is a complex of 63 apartments, self-catering and equipped. The apartments are divided into three types: Studio, T1 and T2 in Duplex, some apartments have a generous balcony. (See the description of the apartments) The Plaza Real has an excellent pool for adults, a pool for children, a playground and a mini tennis court. This accommodation is about 10 minutes walk from the beach. The center of Portimao, Marina de Portimao and Praia da Rocha are 3 minutes. Portimao Railway Station is 3 km from the Plaza Real. This accommodation is recommended by the good price / quality ratio in Portimao. Great place to spend your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plaza Real Atlantichotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Real Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Atlantichotels Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve