I went on holiday with my girlfriend her sister and parents to this resort. Firstly when we arrived late at night around 11ish we were waiting for nearly half an hour at reception to check in, we got the first 2 days over us finding our bearings and starting to enjoy our holiday until the third day of our holiday we arrived back from an outing around 11.30am to find that our safe had been broken into with a tool of some sort actually ripped from the wall and forced open with all our money, passports, travel documents etc stolen when we reported this to staff police and csi were called, they found that there was no forced entry and one policeman said "maybe even a key was used to get in" this then made us very suspicious. After that the staff wasn't helpful at all not even an "are yous ok?" or "how are yous doing today" the manger also lied to us and said she informed her staff but that night when asking the women at reception to be moved rooms she didn't have a clue about our robbery and even asked to see our room, we asked if they had or could check CCTV cameras but refused this request, then we were told by several different staff at a local bar about an official complaint book to fill that in and that has to be sent away to be reviewed. When we did ask the manager to fill this complaint book in she then become very defensive and angry at us which then led to her calling the police again and her throwing us out on the street with no were to stay, we finally got somewhere else sorted with no help at all from this hotel or staff. I personally highly do not recommend staying in this hotel resort as the staff and managers were useless and treated us like dirt once this happened to us. The reason for kicking us out of the hotel was because we warned a few people to make sure doors and windows were locked properly because of our robbery the hotel manager did not like this but surely they should of informed there paying customers' of what had happened and to be on high alert of suspicious behavior of if they seen anything. My family or I will never be at this hotel ever again due to this and the way we were treated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Real is a complex of 63 apartments, self-catering and equipped. The apartments are divided into three types: Studio, T1 and T2 in Duplex, some apartments have a generous balcony. (See the description of the apartments) The Plaza Real has an excellent pool for adults, a pool for children, a playground and a mini tennis court. This accommodation is about 10 minutes walk from the beach. The center of Portimao, Marina de Portimao and Praia da Rocha are 3 minutes. Portimao Railway Station is 3 km from the Plaza Real. This accommodation is recommended by the good price / quality ratio in Portimao. Great place to spend your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plaza Real Atlantichotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Real Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Atlantichotels Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve