I travelled as a single mother and business woman of 34 with my 16 year old daughter and her 16 year old friend, we travelled to Plaza Real fearing the worst dissapointment as we had just returned from a 5* spa & golfing hotel in Marbella and we were expecting this 3* establishment to be significantly below standards as it was booked only 2 weeks before departure costing a mere £2000 for a one week stay in a two bedroom apartment, for both me and my daughter! Amazing value for money, as we drove into the complex we were feeling rather disheartened by the hotels exterior, our fears only grew worse as we entered the reception area, however after checking in via the highly friendly recption staff we went to our assigned room D217, upon opening the door an angled marble staircase leading up o two spacious double bedrooms, an oversized bathroom with two showers with his and her's sinks and two balconies appeared, downstairs was an equipped kitchen, a large entrance hall, a downstairs WC/cloakroom, a large broom cupboard under the stairs which we transformed into swimming pool inflatables storage, a large louge diner combi with a large balcony, air-con units were in almost every room and only 15 euros for the whole week! Now that is VALUE for money!
The beach was gorgeous! And the nearby Marina of Portimao was stunning, and a lovely place to eat.
Car hire was also very cheap!!
However despite my daughter and her friends presence I was away on business and for the day that I had to drive all the way into Lisbon for a meeting, I had to leave my daughter, and her friend around the hotel, they made great use of the local shopping complex which contained many home brands such as Mango, Zara and Lacoste, the hotel staff were more than willing to keep them in safe hands in the time they were around the hotel, as was the lovely Thomson holiday representitive Claire!!
The staff were fantastic, as were the surroundings, the weather and the beach, a real eye opener from the usual kind of business trip, I would definately do it again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Real is a complex of 63 apartments, self-catering and equipped. The apartments are divided into three types: Studio, T1 and T2 in Duplex, some apartments have a generous balcony. (See the description of the apartments) The Plaza Real has an excellent pool for adults, a pool for children, a playground and a mini tennis court. This accommodation is about 10 minutes walk from the beach. The center of Portimao, Marina de Portimao and Praia da Rocha are 3 minutes. Portimao Railway Station is 3 km from the Plaza Real. This accommodation is recommended by the good price / quality ratio in Portimao. Great place to spend your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plaza Real Atlantichotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Real Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Praia Da Rocha
- Plaza Real Atlantichotels Praia Da Rocha, Portugal - Algarve